Looking for feedback on Linux Feedback

Hey, I was blind on the question. It’s about the use of the Feedback App and not feedback about Linux use. Sorry. I don’t use feedback there. Usually I post everything from mu notebook using OSX.

DEFINITELY a royal pain not being able to run feedback on 64 bit linux… I am running Mint 64… I have tried to load feed back using VMware and Windows, but my resolution is not high enough. I need to read Feedback Case #40983 but an unable to view it!!

Does not work , fails installing libwebkitgtk-1.0-0:i386 for unmet dependencies … and the worst is that you cant do it using Synaptic.
Mint 64 bits, version 17.3, here.

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa, 32 bit. Using the Debian Feedback package. Feedback starts fine, but does not log in.

If credentials are incorrect, it tells you. With correct credentials, it just shows “Logging in” and “receiving 1.4kb out of 1.4 kb”… and does not go any further. Any way to troubleshoot that?

[quote=276144:@Shant Khatcherian]Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa, 32 bit. Using the Debian Feedback package. Feedback starts fine, but does not log in.

If credentials are incorrect, it tells you. With correct credentials, it just shows “Logging in” and “receiving 1.4kb out of 1.4 kb”… and does not go any further. Any way to troubleshoot that?[/quote]
Could you check the version number before clicking Login?

There’s no version mentioned anywhere, but it always pops up a dialog for “Feedback 2015r1.2”, which probably implies that the running version is less than 2015r1.2 ?

You are. Go back to the Xojo website, click the link for the Downloads page and then click Extras on the right hand side. Download the latest version from there and see if you’re still having trouble with that one.

I downloaded the deb package from Extras yesterday…

The deb package on Extras is 20151.1 (info inside the package)

Ah right. We haven’t published a deb file in a while because newer versions of Ubuntu actually prevent them from installing, so we’re only delivering rpm and tgz until we figure out why.

Cool, then an rpm should work on Mint?

The RPM on the Extras site is also 1.1, just downloaded:

rpm -qip Feedback.rpm

Name : xojofeedback
Version : 2015.1.1
Release : 2
Architecture: i386
Install Date: (not installed)
Group : Converted/Development
Size : 47774911
License : see /usr/share/doc/xojofeedback/copyright
Signature : (none)
Source RPM : xojofeedback-2015.1.1-2.src.rpm
Build Date : Wed 04 Mar 2015 12:57:25 AM EET
Build Host : ubuntu
Relocations : (not relocatable)
Summary : Feedback by Xojo
Description :
Feedback is the feedback system for Xojo.

Hello,

No. for Linux Mint you would have to use the TGZ.

If i rember correctly the only newer Version of Feedback is the Feedback Version in Beta.

[quote=276173:@RenLandscheidt]Hello,

No. for Linux Mint you would have to use the TGZ.

If i rember correctly the only newer Version of Feedback is the Feedback Version in Beta.[/quote]

Where are the Beta releases? I can’t find on the website. Cheers

Hello,

that’s the Problem. The Beta is not on the Website.

From your Status i see that you are a Beta Tester. You find the Beta in the Beta Channel in the Forum.

[quote=276176:@RenLandscheidt]Hello,

that’s the Problem. The Beta is not on the Website.

From your Status i see that you are a Beta Tester. You find the Beta in the Beta Channel in the Forum.[/quote]

Thanks Rene,

anyone have a link to the latest Feedback that works on 32 bit Linux? Betas are all 64 bit.

Hello all,

what’s the latest Feedback version? 2016r1b24?

Doesn’t work on Linux Mint 18 64 bit, complains:

/build/libproxy-GmlAuu/libproxy-0.4.11/libmodman/module_manager.hpp:58: std::vector<T*> libmodman::module_manager::get_extensions() const [with T = libproxy::network_extension]: Assertion `obj != __null’ failed.

The latest released version is 2015r1.2. If you are having trouble with a beta, please discuss it on the beta channel and/or file a beta bug report.

Where do I find Feedback 2015r1.2 if the ones on the website are 2015r1.1?

thanks