They already rewrote two times the IDE, so, they can do it a third times !
There are some of us who refuse to touch the Desktop-prefixed-controls until Xojo themselves make an announcement that they have overhauld the entire IDE to use Desktop-prefixed-controls. Until such a time, there is absolutely no reason to use them, waste time to transitioning them, or find the bugs for them for free. At this point, Xojo is no longer dog-fooding.
Or creating anything new for ‘us’. ![]()
This is literally one of the reasons as to why I decided it was time to move on. The whole 2.0 “Waste customers time ™” didn’t address any of the underlying fundamental problems with Xojo, and trying to get them to focus on the actual problems became a depressing venture with ultimately being told that “Everything is as it should be”.
@James_Wagner I am sorry to see you fighting with this nonsense, hopefully there is an easy solution.
Now that I understand a bit more about the DesktopControlName bit, I’ve been able to lurch forward.
Thanks
Jim