ListBox double-click, copy data to a new window

This is a client/server database app. User queries the database to get a list of doctors they want to work with. The double-click a row in the listbox which also has a rowtag containing the data. The listbox displays just 5 of the 22 fields. The winDoctorRecord window displays the data of all the fields. This window does not open as my “one liner” test demonstrates.

Not sure what you mean by “its defininiton” but here is the setup window.

In the method where you show that window: you don’t have a local variable (or any other variable within scope) with the same name?

I have a button with just this one line. No variable. No values. Just the one line and it crashes.

So nothing else in the app called winDoctorRecord ?

As an object or in code? There are 175 references to winDoctorRecord in code. There is only one window named winDoctorRecord.

I should add that I developed this app about 6 years ago. It was fine until I updated the deprecated items over the past week AND/OR I experienced the Big Sur v11.2.2 lost license issue which turned my .xojo_project file into a binary with no warning. This messed with my source control and I was on my own as to how to fix that. I think that has something to do with this. This issue is unheard of as far as I can tell.

Anyway, I’ve got the pre-deprecated code update version of the window and installed and it’s working fine. I’m going to move on with my testing and see what turns up.

Well as anything at all, really. But it sounds like your fix is taking you forward.

Yes. There are 95 warnings for deprecated code and I suspect this issue lies in there somewhere. But I have to move forward, make a delivery, and then I’ll circle back.