libcef.dll not found exception with HTMLViewer

Well I don’t mean that chrome should be installed for your app to work. It’s a troubleshooting step to determine if WebKit would run in another supported scenario.

Xojo apps basically build out the same every time. So what you have is either a failure to move all the bits to the other machine. Whether that be entire files missing or parts of the files missing.

Or you have a software fault in windows itself. Or a hardware fault with the device.

Step one run some md5 hashes on your app folders and verify that data is getting written to disk correctly.

Step two verify webkit can launch (via chrome) and that there isn’t some graphical subsystem failure causing dll crashes.

If data integrity is verified and WebKit operates then it is in fact something unique about the Xojo build in that environment.

I have already done this: I’m running Xojo locally on the machine in question. If I start a new project, drop an instance of HTML Viewer into Window 1, change it’s renderer to WebKit, and on the open event have it load google’s homepage, then run the project in the debugger, it works perfectly.

So, WebKit is not the issue. How Xojo builds apps in general is not the issue. Windows itself appears to be fine.

The problem is the combination of Xojo building this app and running it on this computer.

When I build for windows all the CEF3 stuff sits next to the executable. I never see it in the libs folder. You mentioned if you move them out of libs it works. Correct?

Are you building 64bit?

Yes

32 and 64 bit handle this differently

@Phillip Zedalis : I’m building 32bit. Try it on your copy of Xojo, and you should get a libs folder next to your .exe full of .dlls.