Kudos to Geoff and Xojo

Exactly …

We are talking about Kudos to Geoff here…

So as said … there are allot of Kudos for Geoff and his team otherwise I don’t spend my time on this forum and I’m not building my company assets with Xojo.

But the reaction from Geoff regarding web 1.0 to 2.0 conversion is something I can not believe.

For someone that talked about transitions from api 1.0 to 2.0 well that it was well thought trough no pressure to us to change… Just start in your old project with api 2.0 and your ok for next couple of years. Smooth transition … not smooth enough??? … Xojo has make some update so it’s even better!!! Yeahh Kudos!!!

All that effort for something that (for the most of us) still feels like a cosmetic change, instead a change of function… But more to let Xojo be a modern language… So to get more customers.

Regarding web 1.0 to 2.0 it is 180 degrees the opposite…
Close to nothing is done for a smooth conversion…
Reason for this web transition??? The fact that last 10 years close to nothing is updated on 1.0…

It looks to me that this reason should give Xojo more responsibility / motivation to come with a smooth transition??

So if the policy of Xojo is

and Xojo are sticking so hard on it (or hide behind it) … why did Xojo build and released web 2.0???

I know it doesn’t sound nice … but I feel (and allot of others) not to be heard…

How can I trust Xojo for the future … am I safe with Xojo or is this something I can expect within 10 years again with web 3.0 or is web 2.0 now something that wil be maintained ???

@Geoff be clear about this!!!

Kind regards,
from a Xojo lover (but lately a bit of rough love :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: )

3 Likes