Kaspersky sending me broke

Please read. There is no need for it. That’s about it.

So you are going to tell your customers to remove the anti virus they believe protects their system, said 99% of computer magazines, and 99% of computers manufacturers. Good luck.

Yeah, because Microsoft’s so good at everything they do after all. :stuck_out_tongue:

Where did you find 120,000 viruses ? ? ?

No, thank you. Viruses are best kept away from my disks.

[quote=254393:@dave duke]Did someone say mac does not need AV !
I put 120,000 virus’s infront of windows defender and it found ZERO![/quote]

120.000 old useless virusses? or some of this age?

Putting your trust in Microsoft is like putting your trust in the devil.

A couple of years back MS was campaigning to make people move off XP. Allofasudden Windows Defender rendered XP machines unbootable. Quickly fixed, but the seeds of fear, uncertainty and doubt had been successfully sown.

Read reviews of Windows AV software and you will see Windows Defender scoring near the bottom. One MS employee from their “Malware Protection Centre” even publicly stated “we will always be on the bottom of these tests”.

Then again, if Windows Defender were at all effective against spyware, it would delete Windows 10 when first executed. :wink:

http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-report-malware-or-false-positives-multiple-antivirus-vendors.htm

This is a website that lists where you can reports false positives.
Point 4. List of all vendors is what you need.

What really gets under my skin is the conspiracy theory that AV developers would have created viruses just to sell.

Just as pitiful as people who won’t vaccinate their kids out of fear, and end up with kids crippled for life by illnesses that had been eradicated.

Viruses do exist, they are not a fantasy, they do damage, and should not be taken lightly, at least under Windows. So do trojan horses, worms and zombifying malware. Not to mention social engineering, which can thrive on such feeble minds who believe round earth is a conspiracy, and that it is in fact flat.

I happen to have seen the very first DOS viruses back in the 1980s, BEFORE ANTIVIRUSES WERE EVER CREATED. It took a couple years for people like MacAfee and Peter Norton to come up with a first line of defence.

The real virus is the ability for certain human minds to concoct stupidities and believe in them.

+1. Reality is always less attractive than fiction. Amazing how otherwise intelligent people fall for this.

Oh Lord! how immature and superficial can some people be sometimes! (or perhaps this is said tongue in cheek and I missed it…)

Indeed. They have stated that they want to provide a minimum baseline protection to those foolish enough to go without an AV. Defender is not intended to be a top tier AV product. (OK, they did not actually say foolish…I did.)

Why so? I find them to be a devious and underhanded company hell-bent on making money at the expense of convenience and service. I used to love them - in the 80s they were the company that toppled the dominance of IBM. I am an MS “Partner” and that involves being mostly treated like dirt through the most convoluted and error-prone “Portal” that runs like a dog with only one leg, having “mystery shoppers” come to my shop twice a year to try to catch us out selling illegal software, the list goes on.

I trusted Microsoft to keep me up-to-date with a modern OS - they gave me Vista.
I trusted Microsoft to keep me up-to-date with a modern OS - they put out that POS called Windows 8.
I trusted them to listen to their testers that these were never going to fly - they ignored us.
I trusted them to give me a secure OS - it seems about 90% of all updates are security updates because they wrote software full of holes.
I trusted them to give me software options - I got the ghastly “ribbons”, like it or lump it.
I trusted them to protect my privacy - the gave me Windows 10, and they track me via my MS logon no matter what irrelevant MS web page I load.

I could go on for hours. I find them a nasty greedy bunch. Maybe most American companies are like that, but it remains nasty.

( I have even less love for Apple, and gave up on them years ago. )

For having seen Windows as well as Mac OS evolve, I believe what you describe about Microsoft, and is pretty obvious, is more the result of their sheer technical incompetence than anything.

About Windows 10, you can perfectly well create a local account that does not require a Microsoft ID. The only drawback is you won’t be able to use the Windows Store.

Has the OP contacted Kaspersky yet to get this resolved? When we were making Windows Software (back in 2006) we had to routinely contact AV companies and moan that our apps were flagged as malicious. Most companies dealt with it in a very polite way; especially Trend Micro, with whom I had a long chat with talking over why they flagged our application and what we could do in the future to prevent it.

It might happen when there’s a virus infection in one of the system files of your Kaspersky software. I don’t know if people are still facing this issue, but I know a website called K7 Antivirus Customer Support which resolves these particular antivirus related issues.

Kaspersky is scanning hard disk and send reports to Russian .