Interpreting segfault messages

All using different sockets, a console app receives the data via TCP and then outputs it to 6 sockets.

Liz - it doesn’t sound like you are doing anything that is “too much for Xojo”. I can say I have personally HAMMERED apps using a variety of load testing tools and an app as simple as this should not be any problem. I don’t know what you are running into here. IPC sockets are capable of quite a bit of throughput. A small amount of data every two seconds seems pretty trivial to me… but this is interesting…

What if you used the IPC DataAvailable event to populate variables and drove the user interface updates via a timer - instead of the UI being driven by the event?

I’m not thinking the IPC is the issue it seems to be the pushing the data out to the clients.

I had one issue where I would set a label to what it was already set to as it hadn’t changed, this would cause a push event with nothing in that really slowed it down so I now check the current value and only set it if it’s changed. As to why it would cause an event to fire with no changes who knows.

I’m trying to workout why when under load the download of a less than 50kb is taking 1-2s to complete according to chrome, what the user sees is the form changing very slowly. I assume Chrome process as it arrives and not once complete?

Are you suggesting I use a timer at app level to read the variables and push it out to the clients or use a timer per client that reads the variables?

Timer per client to read the variables.

I’ll give that a try. from what I understand Xojo uses a single core per app is that correct?

My beta period ends Saturday afternoon so I’ll have to create a load to test it, what tools would you recommend to put the app under load. I can create a load from 3 or 4 different locations.

Just noticed it seems to be taking a very long time for pages to be removed from the array.

I remove the page on the WebPage close event, I’m positive that use to work where now it’s not working anymore the close event isn’t firing.

Why are you putting Webpages into an array? If you’re not managing that properly, you’ve most likely created a memory leak and the close event will never fire if there’s a reference to the page in that array.

I’m doing nothing different to whats in your chat example, I’ve also just created a new project and put in the close event system.debuglog “HELLO” it never fires

WebPage open event

ChatPages.Append(page)

Webpage Close Event

If ChatPages.IndexOf(page) > -1 Then ChatPages.Remove(ChatPages.IndexOf(page)) End If

I’ll have to look at the example, but if the close event never fires, they are definitely being held somewhere. We need to clear this up because if this is the case, your segfault could easily be a memory issue. Eventually all of those unreleased pages (and their corresponding sessions) add up.

I can’t seem to make the WebPage close event work in any web project with 2015R1 or R2 on OS X