In-app purchase tutorial

Thanks @Christoph_Emrich that worked fine with the latest Xojo release and with a few adjustments to my older project in R1.2. I did have to remove Jeremie’s nice modal window effect for the latest Xojo. App store accepted and approved both projects.
Cheers
Martin

1 Like

Thanks @Christoph_Emrich! but I have one question - I read in the comments that this works well with the latest version, will it work with other versions of Xojo? or is it better to upgrade to the latest version first?

There are quite a few declares from @Jason_King iOSKit and that’s based on API 2.0 so I would think it only works with the latest Xojo release.

Has anybody used consumable IAPs and tried promo codes for them? How would that work in Xojo?

To precise my question: if a user redeems a promo code for a consumable IAP in the AppStore, how could I handle that in the app’s code? It probably won’t work with a simple “restore purchase”, or will it?

If you want to use iOSKit with API1 (AKA old versions of Xojo) please use the API1-compatible branch GitHub - kingj5/iOSKit at API1-compatible

For redeeming purchases from a promo code it looks like you will need to setup the observer stuff for the iAPs within the application Opening event. See here:

Has anyone done a recent IAP purchase using the sample code here?
I had it working in a few apps and a recent change from Apple caused my next one to be rejected. Jason kindly updated store kit but he doesn’t have a Mac to test so I was trying but my App still crashes (See other thread & works fine except for IAP).