in-app purchase on MAS

One important thing they mention is NOT to upload a screenshot until you are done testing. The in app purchase needs to be in waiting for screenshot mode to test.

On the in-app creation page it looks like you have to submit a screenshot to continue, so I was uploading junk in anticipation of changing the screenshot later. That put my purchases in “ready to submit” status.

There is no way to remove the screenshot so I had to recreate all the in-app purchases.

Ok, after talking to myself here all day I finally have it working with the MBS plugins! It seems that the keys were:

1. Don’t upload screenshots, this makes the in-app items untestable!
  2. Sign the code with your Mac App Store developer certificate
  3. Use the product ID alone: “QFRL1” without the bundle ID
  4. I have the bundle ID entered twice in Xojo: shared build settings and Mac build settings
  5. Make sure all of your contracts are signed

If only it returned some kind of useful error message like “Your contracts aren’t signed” or “Developer not found” or “Product ID is not available for testing” it would have saved me hours, but I’m glad it’s working now.

Today a customer of mine requested a demo product. So this seems a good time to consider it.

Here is my idea. Please let me know if it can work :

• Create a free demo app with limited features that contains an in-app purchase to unlock the full working version
  • Place it in the App Store

I could not really figure if a demo version is acceptable in the MAS.

Michel, i wouldn’t call it a demo, call it a light version wherein you can implement a link to the PRO-version. I don’t know if Apple allows an in-app purchase model however.

Apple does not accept lite version of an app that has any link or remark to a full or pro version. I have tried this, but apple has rejected my app.

I have a lite version of my app Quick File Renamer in the store. It links directly to the full version on the app store.

However, it’s a useful free app. It has lots of great features, just not nearly as many as the full version. Perhaps that’s the difference?

Now, with in-app purchases, users of the free version can add functions piecemeal or unlock all functions at once and make the light version become full.

[quote=63993:@Mike Gibson]I have a lite version of my app Quick File Renamer in the store. It links directly to the full version on the app store.

However, it’s a useful free app. It has lots of great features, just not nearly as many as the full version. Perhaps that’s the difference?

Now, with in-app purchases, users of the free version can add functions piecemeal or unlock all functions at once and make the light version become full.[/quote]

Mike,
Were you able to use the MBS plugin to achieve in-app purchasing? Thank you for your tips above also. I am about to embark on this trip also. :slight_smile: Thanks!

@Mike Gibson & @Mike Cotrone,

Were you able to work things out with the in-app-purchase plugin? Any tips and tricks are most welcome :wink:

[quote=221879:@Edwin van den Akker]@Mike Gibson & @Mike Cotrone,

Were you able to work things out with the in-app-purchase plugin? Any tips and tricks are most welcome ;)[/quote]

use the Dethomsoft plugins they are cheap and easy

Is it? I guess you have successfully worked it out?

:frowning: Huh? why?
Well… not really in a hurry. But will it be anytime soon? (like in the next month or so?)

[quote=221905:@jean-paul devulder]hi,

the in-app is not supported in my dtplugins for the moment[/quote]

It’s coming isn’t it?

StoreKit is covered by MBS Plugins.
People use it and we also have the receipt checking code.

[quote=221915:@Christian Schmitz]StoreKit is covered by MBS Plugins.
People use it and we also have the receipt checking code.[/quote]

@Christian Schmitz, have I ever told you that you’re awesome? Well, you are! Thanks. I didn’t know MBS had it :slight_smile: