Image browser

I added the ability to control the Thumbnail size.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ut9bq8e2mpz6088/FilmStrip.xojo_binary_project?dl=1

Thank you Richard and Mike.

Mike: I too get ideas … along the development line(and even reading/talking, and sometimes these are not related to the current development !!!)

[quote=303244:@Sam Rowlands]Excellent, I forgot about this. We also did something similar in our Cardsmith application, which has a icon list of over 300.

The cool thing was we could use a little CSS animation for it without having to handle the actual animation![/quote]

wow… i did not know you can use HTMLViewer to do that.

that is so cool. giving me ideas for my application

The nice thing with HTML is that you can set it to autosize, and it is always very smooth scrolling.

so basically the html viewer are doing the scrolling without using any codes.

Indeed.

Well, you do need HTML code to display the pictures.

Thanks Mike!
I now have some actual code to dissect and learn from.

I really appreciate you spending the time to help - thank you, and also everyone else who got involved.
Now everyone in the Xojo community has a filmstrip scroller thingy :slight_smile:

THANK YOU.

Just a quick question, is it possible to tie an actual scrollbar into this, so it could be scrolled via a scrollbar, or would this be quite complex to implement?

I have never had to add a scrollbar to anything manually, as I often use a listbox, which has one built in. Therefore, I would prefer not to spend weeks trying to add a scrollbar manually, only to realise that it is not even possible :slight_smile:

Thanks.

[quote=303594:@Richard Summers]Just a quick question, is it possible to tie an actual scrollbar into this, so it could be scrolled via a scrollbar, or would this be quite complex to implement?

I have never had to add a scrollbar to anything manually, as I often use a listbox, which has one built in. Therefore, I would prefer not to spend weeks trying to add a scrollbar manually, only to realise that it is not even possible :slight_smile:

Thanks.[/quote]
Certainly I’ll add that here in a few.

I forgot how i hate scroll bars – I feel that using a scroll bar with a filmstrip won’t be user-friendly. For example when the strip goes offscreen right side (or left side) it will appear on the opposite side. That will be non-natural feeling when I have to force the scroll bar from one side to the other when that occurs.

Does that make sense?

On PC where there is no magic mouse, the trick is to use vertical mousewheel to scroll horizontally. That is what they do in the Windows Store.

Nice Michel! Thanks - I’m 100% OS X so I love my magic mouse/track pad and the reason I implemented the MouseWheel event on the canvas :slight_smile:

The thing is, trackpad has no issue scrolling left and right. Only PC mice have no way to do that but for changing the wheel work.

I just mentioned using a scrollbar as I do not have the filmstrip scrolling automatically.
I was going to just have a row of images and then scroll from one side to the other via the scrollbar.

No worries, I will just have it auto-scrolling :slight_smile:

Thanks anyway.

[quote=303672:@Richard Summers]I just mentioned using a scrollbar as I do not have the filmstrip scrolling automatically.
I was going to just have a row of images and then scroll from one side to the other via the scrollbar.

No worries, I will just have it auto-scrolling :slight_smile:

Thanks anyway.[/quote]
Ok cool as long as thats the case Ill finish adding the scroll bar as an option for you in the event you want the choice. We could always disable the scrollbar when we animate … and re-enable the scrollbar when animation stops.

Behold the scrollbar :slight_smile:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ut9bq8e2mpz6088/FilmStrip.xojo_binary_project?dl=1

I moved this project over to an open source public repo:

https://github.com/IntelligentVisibility/filmStripImageBrowser

Thanks Mike.

Where do I switch the scrollbar on from?
The actual white scrollbar strip displays, but the little thumb inside the scrollbar is missing?

[quote=303807:@Richard Summers]Thanks Mike.

Where do I switch the scrollbar on from?
The actual white scrollbar strip displays, but the little thumb inside the scrollbar is missing?[/quote]
It auto calculates the scrollbar width after you drop images. Otherwise your scrollbar maximum would get out of whack :slight_smile:

I dropped a folder of 30 images onto it, and the animate works perfectly, (so do the step buttons), however, when the animate is stopped, the scrollbar just displays the white scroll track, and I cannot scroll?