How to print a pdf file on the default printer ?

I don’t get it : in the first thread, Michel says that he has apps that have shell calls in the app store
and in the second that it is impossible and very difficult to just have an helper app…
was there some shell calls that were appstore allowed some years ago, and no more today ?

[quote=406159:@Jean-Yves Pochez]I don’t get it : in the first thread, Michel says that he has apps that have shell calls in the app store
and in the second that it is impossible and very difficult to just have an helper app…
was there some shell calls that were appstore allowed some years ago, and no more today ?[/quote]

There was a change in the way helpers can be called, and a straight up shell is no longer allowed. Michel refers to this outright:

[quote]When it comes to a helper, though, the regular shell no longer works for helpers (still works for system commands).
See https://forum.xojo.com/12479-helper-apps-and-the-sandbox/0[/quote]

The thread from 2014 was trying several things until the way to work within the limitations was found: https://forum.xojo.com/conversation/post/97150

Problem is that the process implies launching your own helpers. I’m not sure of the status of launching other programs like “lp” and whether that would be allowed.

Valdemar’s files are no longer available. I haven’t searched to see if there’s an alternate download site. Perhaps @Valdemar De SOUSA , @Michel Bujardet or @Sam Rowlands could confirm

Well, you can’t use cups command line tool as helper apps in your sandboxed app.

Best you print on MacOS the official way with PDFKit classes (see PDFDocumentMBS class and PDFDocumentMBS.PrintOperation method) and on Windows using DynaPDFMBS’s print method.

well I don’t care about sandboxing and appstore right now, but that could change in the future,
so it’s nice to have now modules that are appstore proof …

Booo… I used RTF (from one old demo I wrote) for an Help system !

[quote=406170:@Christian Schmitz]Well, you can’t use cups command line tool as helper apps in your sandboxed app.

Best you print on MacOS the official way with PDFKit classes (see PDFDocumentMBS class and PDFDocumentMBS.PrintOperation method) and on Windows using DynaPDFMBS’s print method.[/quote]

So App Store won’t accept Xojo Apps that use MBS CUPS plugin either?

Why do you think that?

Sandbox prevents you from running command line tools.
But plugin should work fine.