How to check if email was sent by SMTP

Please do not overlook the importance of what @TimStreater said here:

Most of the large email services are now validating the authenticity of emails (i.e. that they’re not spam) by checking the DNS server of the sending domain for SPF, DMARC, and DKIM records. This is a much deeper topic than can be discussed here, but you can use the following website to see if your host is properly setup to send authenticated email:

https://dmarcian.com/domain-checker/

There are other DMARC/DKIM/SPF validation websites, as well. If your hosting company uses cPanel, the Zone Editor (aka Advanced DNS) will often help you setup the proper SPF/DKIM/DMARC records, as well. Otherwise, you’ll have to “Google it” for more info.

Please note that you will also have to configure Xojo to authenticate the outbound email (i.e. “login” to the SMTP server).

1 Like

If your hosting company is any good, they should help with this and have good instructions for you to set this up easily. If they don’t, then change hosting company.

I solved the issue with this line:

Var ctx as New WebSessionContext(App.SessionWithIdentifier(CurrentSession)) ''URLConnection class in webapp

I think there’s a typo in your code block?

You’re right; this shouldn’t be overlooked. I had to troubleshoot this exact issue, one year ago. Reading logs to be put on track, but adding that SPF record was specially hard to do (IIRC, this was a flag hidden somewhere, with an alternate name).