HandleSpecialURL in 2014r2.1

Please file a bug report in Feedback and add your sample project.

Done. <https://xojo.com/issue/34841>

Well at least whatever it’s doing now will be consistent.

Now that your special parser isn’t doing any magic behind the scenes… I’d like the ability to catch any /path I want in HandleSpecialURL and not just /api & /special

There’s already a feature request in for that :slight_smile:

Hi Greg,
I have started working with handleSpecialURL. The LR mentions that the application URL is
http://www.myworld.com/myapp.cgi/special/?.

What would be the URL for a Xojo Cloud app ? I have an app running up there but its URL does not contain the .cgi extension, and no output comes from the handleSpecialURL event implemented in it.

Regards,
Tony Barry

Insert “index.cgi” into the URL.

Thanks Greg. I’m onto it.

Regards,
Tony Barry

So I know this made changes to the HandleSpecialUrl but what about the “Session.URLParameter()” - wouldn’t this have the same issue?

if I go to:
www.myWebApp.com/?prop=A&prop=B

Wouldn’t the Session.URLParameter(“prop”) only return with a value of “B”

[quote=123284:@Brock Nash]So I know this made changes to the HandleSpecialUrl but what about the “Session.URLParameter()” - wouldn’t this have the same issue?

if I go to:
www.myWebApp.com/?prop=A&prop=B

Wouldn’t the Session.URLParameter(“prop”) only return with a value of “B”[/quote]
It does, but Session.URLParameter was not part of this fix. We’ve got to figure out what we’re going to do about that separately. It has a much higher usage than HandleSpecialURL did, thus a higher impact risk.

Well it seems like the SessionUrlParameter could already be set to handle this without breaking current code:

?prop=A&prop=B&prop=C

Session.URLParameter(“prop”) should return C (the last one set)
But instead of having Session.URLParameterCount return 1 have it return 3.
That way if I wanted to get the value earlier values of “prop” I could simply loop through

dim propValues() as string for i as integer = 0 to Session.URLParameterCount -1 if WebSession.URLParameterName(i) = "prop" then propValues.Append(WebSession.URLParameterValue(i)) next

All current code would continue to compile
This way would be unlikely to break anyone’s current code
And you only need to add a WebSession.URLParameterValue(ZeroBasedIndex as integer) method

Ignore stupid spammers. Great feature !

Hi Michael,

I don’t see the “Spam Alert” button. Where is it ?

Regards,
Tony Barry

[quote=128753:@Tony Barry]Hi Michael,

I don’t see the “Spam Alert” button. Where is it ?

Regards,
Tony Barry[/quote]

Click on the name of the spammer, then in her profile, click “Ignore member”.

Excellent ! Thank you.

Regards,
Tony Barry

If you see them please point them out to one of the staff and we’ll deal with removing the post & banning the user or whatever is appropriate.
THen ignore them so they don’t clutter up things :slight_smile:

That URL is dead. Couldn’t Xojo manage to create some kind of forwarding for the old blog URLs??

http://blog.xojo.com/2014/08/12/handlespecialurl-changes-in-2014r2-1/