HackMyApp - Protect Your Xojo Applications (and Profits!!!)

It’s a QA Tool.

You wouldn’t have much of a case Brad.

But should tell about the problems without exposing sensitive content.

The problems are the sensitive content.

[quote=92073:@Kem Tekinay]You wouldn’t have much of a case Brad.
[/quote]

Try me Kem.

Jeez, anyone can do this stuff and any hacker can certainly already do this stuff. The tool is to help us software devs find obvious security holes in our own software. Personally, I want to know, and this saves me some time.

Then how would you know it really figured it out? How would you know that it wasn’t fooled?

This is clearly a circumvention tool under DMCA. The take down notice to an ISP is 3 short paragraphs plus an addendum of links.

[quote=92079:@Kem Tekinay]Then how would you know it really figured it out? How would you know that it wasn’t fooled?[/quote]You might want to quote the person you are replying to Kem :slight_smile: Was it Tim Parnell?

You are correct. But some dude on the forums who wants a free MBS license now has it in his reach, zero imagination required. That is just plain thoughtless on the part of Matthew.

Did you just challenge me to something Brad? During an intellectual discussion among contemporaries?

I’m offering my opinion, as a lawyer, that you would have no case against the tool-maker. Admittedly, I haven’t practiced in many years so go ask your own lawyer instead of issuing useless challenges.

Kem, my “challenge” to you is to create and post a tool that obviously finds serial numbers for my software and displays them to unlicensed users. You don’t want to take me up on that. Get real.

Gavin, I’d quote if I could, but iPad makes that an issue. I was actually replying to Rick about how it should expose the content of what it finds.

Also Kem, forget the illegality under DMCA and the civil tort. It’s a d— move. Period. And if Matthew doesn’t realize that to begin with, he needs someone to check him.

Serial successfully recovered. MD5: 5402adee6800eba1df8e0bad4e19d99c

( Let’s suppose it was “1234-22345-2233-4455” )

I have no interest in doing that. The person who should have an interest in doing that, and stopping it, is you.

Hey, Matthew just released a tool that can help. Maybe he’ll let you use it.

the “strings” command reveals most of what can be found using this tool from what I can see

Norman, the “strings” command does not correlate specific strings with specific license aversion and hacking purposes.

[quote=92090:@Rick Araujo]Serial successfully recovered. MD5: 5402adee6800eba1df8e0bad4e19d99c

( Let’s suppose it was “1234-22345-2233-4455” )[/quote]
That would be just making developers lives more difficult, and still return a useless result.
The tool is to make our lives easier.

I’m still scanning my first app (16% of the way through) but I’m looking forward to it finding something (I’m confident it won’t!). It has reported a false positive on “MBS Plugins Found” - I haven’t had MBS plugins installed in a while and they’re certainly not used in this app.