GUI Problems

My last attempt was installing Raspberry Pi Desktop in a virtual machine. It looks just like the desktop on the Pi. Unfortunately, it is 32 bits and I was able to install Xojo, but it just disappears when it gets to the point of displaying the environment.

Here’s why I am trying to make this work. The last embedded controller I ran on a Pi had the 7" touch screen and around 12 screens with buttons and dialog boxes. It took a long time to adjust the boxes and font sizes to get it to look right on the Pi screen after everything looked right in the development environment. Even when I set the font size, it seemed like the kerning was different and messages would wrap around the screens.

I was hoping Xojo would fix this problem.

That is not allways true.

For example in windows, when I was testing with Static and other native Controls, when created whithout font, the default system font size IS BIGGER than the xojos controls, so, the font size is defined by xojo and NOT “controls that are the right size for Mac. Same goes for Windows.”

So, if xojo is really using some random value as default font size. It should be consistent on all platforms. In GTK xojo is using a FIX layout model, so, it shuld be also a fixed fontsize.

I’m still trying to figure out a way to have the GTK-3 Controls reasonably sized (26).

But I don’t want to assign the Font “SmallSystem”, just to have a huge PushButton with some tiny Text inside… I want the GTK-3 Controls to be sized at 26 (such as with GTK2 before).

I’ve TextField and PushButton looking ok, but could need some help with ComboBox and PopupMenu.
There’s an example project in this forum thread.
Maybe that styling approach could be used for RasPi, too - so I wonder what that example would look like on RasPi.

What we need is a clear Xojo to GTK3 control mapping and a way to force CSS for an app.

See GTK Themes and CSS discussion

I posted in the other thread, but I’ll follow up here.

This is what I get with PopOS (Ubuntu deriv.) using your sample project with a simple mod.

I’m using this line for both Combobox and Popupmenu:

Me.Style_Linux_GTK3_CSS = "min-height: 24px; min-width: 16px; border: 0px solid; border-radius: 5px; padding: 0 0px;"

Thanks.

I won’t - the two seem to be quite the same. And I don’t feel like double-posting everything.

What I really don’t understand is that I am not using the default size font. The font is specified and it is the same size on each platform. Maybe if the font was specified in pixels? Is there a way to do that?