GTK3 Theming modGTK3 Resolves layout corruption under ALL Linux Distros

As Tim mentioned, you’ve added the wrong part to the project top level. It should be a module named “modGTK3”:

May I suggest that the Notes in the modGTK3 module include a link to the source code on github? Otherwise, when I include the module in another public project (here: CustomEditField) people have a hard time figuring out where to get the latest version.

Some version number somewhere would be cool to. I came to the head of this thread and started again and got a little lost as to what was the most recent version. TBH, if @Tim Jones could edit the otiginal post and include the bitbucket link there, that would probably be the best “getting started” solution.

well i strongly suggest to mirror repo in your own gitea server… then you are always up to date and as additional benefit you won’t leave behavioral data to bitbucket or any 3rd party.

Well, it has taken all day, but I have got a completely fresh install of Linux Mint 20 and Xojo is finally installed and working after some dependency issues. I am now able to relatively smoothly copy and paste the modGTK3 demo into my project now and that does make me happy.

I’ve been playing with the editor and understanding it, however, I can’t get to the bottom of the ListBox.

When I add a ListBox to the project I can never identify what it is in the CSS and Properties Viewers. It just comes up as Widget and is in no other way discernible from anything else.

I can easily see how TextFields and Buttons and most other controls are well defined, just in their CSS name alone, and what’s visible under Path and Node speaks volumes, but not for ListBox. (the only idetifier in there that makes any difference is box but that changes a lot more than that, and in fact doesn’t change the listbox itself.

CSS:

Css Name: 
widget

Path: 
window:dir-ltr.background box:dir-ltr.vertical widget:dir-ltr[2/2] widget:dir-ltr widget:dir-ltr

NodeTree:
widget:dir(ltr)
  [scrollbar.vertical:disabled:dir(ltr)]
    contents:disabled:dir(ltr)
      trough:disabled:dir(ltr)
        slider:disabled:dir(ltr)

Nodes:
widget:dir(ltr)

Properties:

Properties:
app-paintable = FALSE
border-width = 0
can-default = FALSE
can-focus = FALSE
child = 
composite-child = FALSE
double-buffered = TRUE
events = ((GdkEventMask) GDK_BUTTON_PRESS_MASK | GDK_BUTTON_RELEASE_MASK)
expand = FALSE
focus-on-click = TRUE
halign = ((GtkAlign) GTK_ALIGN_FILL)
has-default = FALSE
has-focus = FALSE
has-tooltip = FALSE
height-request = 83
hexpand = FALSE
hexpand-set = FALSE
is-focus = FALSE
margin = 0
margin-bottom = 0
margin-end = 0
margin-left = 0
margin-right = 0
margin-start = 0
margin-top = 0
name = ""
no-show-all = FALSE
opacity = 1.000000
parent = ((GtkFixed*) 0x1485510)
receives-default = FALSE
resize-mode = ((GtkResizeMode) GTK_RESIZE_PARENT)
scale-factor = 1
sensitive = TRUE
style = ((GtkStyle*) 0x179e2c0)
tooltip-markup = NULL
tooltip-text = NULL
valign = ((GtkAlign) GTK_ALIGN_FILL)
vexpand = FALSE
vexpand-set = FALSE
visible = TRUE
width-request = 110
window = ((GdkX11Window*) 0x27cb4f0)

Too old, can’t edit. However, if you create a post that thoroughly describes the changes and the GitHub link(s), I’ll gladly change the accepted answer.

The list box is a custom creation of the Xojo team. It’s not a GTK widget.

Oh I had not realised that. Any idea on why that is? I’m guessing for ease of compatibility across platforms etc. but that does clear that up… except (my brain is ticking here…) it’s not (obviously) presented in the same way? Too low level for me, it was painfully unintuitive for me looking at the CSS and Properties window. It’s kind of making sense now you say that. Thanks.

Oh!! Puts me on the spot! But that would mean I’d have to understand it. LOL

But I will consider that. I’ve spent a lot of hours on this problem lately and I think I got to the bottom of it. It’s partly the IDE and a bug (caught but ignored error?) and possibly inadequate dependencies. I have a completely fresh install of Mint, and I was reproducing the bug here but after installing some other dependencies it has completely righted itself in every way (drag and drop, copy and paste by context menu, as well as the main window menu bar. But at least I have a fresh install now!!)

Not specifically you, but someone that knows how to add links into the conversation s that I can reset the answer.

No worries at all, I’m still trying to get to the bottom of another issue, but I think they’re all related. Once I get a grasp on it, I will revisit this page because I will be using that mod a bit (since linux is my main use case).