God this is hard to learn for an old bloke

Happy Birthday Jim.

Either my math is bad or 1963-2014 is more than 27???
:slight_smile:

I retired from Bank of America after 27 years. That was kind of a ■■■■■ when pay increases were slow.

Happy Birthday Jim,

and this is also true for younger people!

I wish you a great day.
Torsten

[quote=111143:@Richard Summers]Either my math is bad or 1963-2014 is more than 27???
:)[/quote]

Nope, that sounds about right. I’m 1967 to 2014 which makes me about 31.

Can’t wait to start working on that government tax calculation software next week. I feel my talents are now finally being recognised…

Jim, Happy Birthday to you!

A very Happy Birthday, Jim.

I started on an IBM 360/40 and we ran an emulation program so we could still run some old 1620 programs - about the same machine as as the 1401. Seems regardless of what I am coding in, I still seem the think in COBOL…

Only worked on 1401 about 3 years. We could never could get cobol to work. We could compile parts of the source but if we put it all together the compile would crap out. Hated cobol, I used AutoCoder. What use to kill me was the periods. I guess that like the semicolon in other languages

Happy birthday Jim.

Nice to see you older programmers still programming regardless of whether it is your job or not. I presume you do this for fun Jim. I love programming and I want to keep going for a long while. :slight_smile:

I think I hated COBOL almost as much as I hated APL.

As for me, I use programming to keep my brain cells from getting too bored. After all, if we didn’t have fun coding we shouldn’t be doing it. Right? Of course, right! :slight_smile: Now if those brain cells could only come up with an idea of a new program to write…