Getting the contents of HTMLViewer

I just made an example here:

https://www.mbsplugins.de/archive/2017-01-04/MarkDown_via_HTMLViewer_for_Xo

If you want a copy, email me.

Little late for the conversation, but a client mentioned this thread earlier today while looking for a solution to obtain the raw HTML contents from an HTMLViewer and from elements within the page by ID; without using any plugins. We have a native Xojo solution that still works with the latest version of Xojo from circa 2017, that can be found at:

It’s free and is a drop-in replacement for any standard desktop WebKit-based HTMLViewer.

**Just a heads-up: It has never been tested on Mac or Linux, so if it doesn’t function on them, let me know! I’ve never had time to test on these platforms as it’s only ever been requested for use in Windows platform applications.

While I appreciate you release it to the public, a free to use encrypted component sets off all sorts of alarm bells for me, sorry.

Does this have a crypto miner inside like your website used to?

[quote=456712:@]While I appreciate you release it to the public, a free to use encrypted component sets off all sorts of alarm bells for me, sorry.

Does this have a crypto miner inside like your website used to?[/quote]

Take it or leave it buddy! Everyone wants something for free. While you’re still new to the community (3 years), I’ve been here going on almost 2 decades, providing developer solutions. We don’t have time for nonsense at Xojo Developer’s Spot. If you want the source code, buy it! :slight_smile:

I don’t want the control or the source, all I wanted to know is does it contain anything nefarious.

It is already so easy to get a page source with httpsocket, or with the excellent MBS plugin, not to mention a tad of JavaScript, I wonder what prompted that sudden burst of generosity…

Especially two years after the thread stopped…

That’s another problem with that page. No prices or explanations. Add more data with all hidden details like:

Licenses: Free and Paid.
Free license features: US$0. encrypted closed source. Includes all features of the paid version, clean, without limitations, without any hidden code.
Source license features: US$x. Unencrypted full open source. Includes all features announced.

Buttons:
(Download Free Version) (Buy open source version)

No it’s safe. It’s an encrypted subclass of HTMLViewer and raw code.