Folderitem.visible no longer works

@Jeff Tullin , @Beatrix Willius , @Carlo Rubini , @Norman Palardy , @Gavin Smith , @Emile Schwarz , @Tim Streater

Thank you, all, for your help, this is finally solved. I ran everyone’s code and none of it worked, which was discouraging to say the least. So, I started compiling the code in earlier versions of Xojo going back to version 2019 r1.1. Again, no success, none of the code would change the visible property of the copied file. I have been coding this project in Xojo 2019 r3.0 and decided to download 2019 3.1 and give it a try. Voila, the code works as expected!
So, from my testing, the folderItem.visible property cannot be changed in recent Xojo releases. A bug that seems to have been squashed in 2019 r3.1
Thank you for your kind patience with me. I’m a novice coder and have learned great lessons from all of you.
Best regards.
Tony

BTW, in defense of Bob’s review of 2019 r3.1, he used the same wording for the bug fix that’s found in the release notes Xojo published for 2019 r3.1. IMHO, Xojo could have worded the bug fix more accurately in those release notes.

[quote=476043:@Beatrix Willius]And pretty please don’t do

if folderitem.visible = false then

[/quote]

naw … please DO compare to true or false as its VERY explicit and if the rest of your comparison are like

if i = 6 then

then you’re using a consistent style for boolean tests

Its easy to overlook a NOT (or worse trying to write a check for is not nil in this style)