Feedback crashed and maxed my CPU with lots of cefsubproc.exe

And please, update the CEF engine. A LOT of crashing issues were solved since the current Xojo embedded one was released. https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/cef/commits/all

A feedback ticket with that information would go further. If you were to enumerate a couple key ones that Xojo suffers, they may be even more inclined to look.

Choose one. Bitbucket But which are included in Xojo, and how them affects Xojo, maybe just William knows. Those “floating” orphaned sub procs can be caused by some collection of those bugs (and other already fixed ones). The fixes are there just waiting. Postponing them is nonsense. If you want a better research, click here and read them all, there are more bugs and instabilities “not crashing” already fixed too.

Just the subproc orphans are enough argument, no need for extra feedbacks for updating the CEF with a more stable one.

<https://xojo.com/issue/57389>

I am not the CEF subprocess expert, you seem to have more knowledge. I am trying to help you get these things fixed, so please don’t take up an attitude. I am trying to be productive here.

I’m suggesting that you list these things for Xojo, Inc., not my own pleasure. Norman has opened a ticket, please add your expertise to that ticket to help convince Xojo that they need to do this. I am interested in having stable products as much as you are.

There is. There always is.
Without a case it may or may not get updated as part of updating Xojo
With a case Xojo knows its important to you and anyone else that signs on and that should increase it’s priority

Comments in the forums are just that - just comments - and they may or may not see them

Now we have 2:

Feedback Case #55867
Feedback Case #57389

not really
55867 is reporting the crash
57389 is asking that Xojo update cef as part of their normal updates of Xojo (which may fix those crashes and it may not)

It depends on who gets the bug ticket and how he handles it. My “mistake” is assuming others having a behavior like I would handling it. And it includes checking updates and fixes to engine involved (external and in constant evolution) without explicit request, testing, and checking if it fixed the issue, if not, further research and debugging takes place.

I would not assume anything

Not true. You assumed that without another ticket, the problem could be even more delayed and/or poorly handled, so you did it.

sure what ever rick