False firing of Canvas Control's MouseDown and Up events

I found that I could override this bug of the Next button (a Canvas button) in Window 2 firing it’s MouseDown event, even though I hadn’t clicked on the Canvas control, by adding the following If statement in the code of the MouseDown event:

If x >= 0 and x <= Me.Backdrop.Width and y >= 0 and y <= Me.Backdrop.Height then 

[Required code]

End If

This is one, and it is in your code somewhere.

You haven’t shown the code of your MouseDown event(s). You most probably have an error in there. Difficult to say without seeing the code.

Besides using a pagepanel, as already suggested, have you considered using normal pushbuttons or segmentedcontrols with next/back SystemIcons? They show up pretty well in retina.
BTW: I didnt watch the video, so you may have valid reasons to make use of custom objects.

There isn’t a bug in the canvases.
They are doing what you told them to do.

Trust us, its time to redesign.
Use real buttons.
Use page panels or container controls.

FWIW:
Mousedown <> Click event
A click event happens when the mouse has gone down inside the button, and is then released, inside the same button.

If you hide stuff in the first mousedown without checking the x/y, then the second mousedown (not a double click) , is an event in search of any control that can grab it.

Thanks, Jeff. That piece of information was very helpful.

I’m using the Canvas control because I’m able to control the colour of its caption and background when enabled and disabled.