Excel on Mac M1

I spelled Christian’s last name wrong in this post. It’s “Schmitz”. My apologies.
Fritz

1 Like

The advantage of LibXL(MBS Plugins) is that we can create or read XL files without having Excel installed, and this works on macOS, Windows and Linux.

The exact same advantages when using PowerShell and PSWriteOffice, which has the additional benefit of being free.

Kind regards, Andrew

Is experimental better than alpha ?

@Emile_Schwarz,

Nice catch, however many PowerShell modules seem to have adopted the use of term “Experimental” when still completing features, rather than alpha, beta, release 1-2-3 / gold etc.

Similarly, “Experimental” is the description Google uses for features in Gmail or GSuite. There are cases where features have remained tagged as experimental for years.

However, I’m not defending whether PSWriteOffice is feature complete for every use case. I am however asserting that it does satisfy Fritz’s original post.

Is Xojo any less “experimental” in that sense?

Kind regards, Andrew

1 Like

Andrew
Good point. For me at least, it’s worthwhile to learn about PSWriteOffice even though I’m about to pull the trigger on the OmegaBundle, because I know already I can use it for something, if only on the Windows PC. I’m going to rebook up my Linux box to see if it will install there any better than on Mac Silicon. I know I already have PowerShell running. The question is will PSWriteOffice install for me? I know you’re using it already, so it shouldn’t be a big deal.

Thanks
fritz[quote=“Andrew Paul Dickey, post:24, topic:72401, full:true, username:Andrew_Paul_Dickey”]
@Emile_Schwarz,

Nice catch, however many PowerShell modules seem to have adopted the use of term “Experimental” when still completing features, rather than alpha, beta, release 1-2-3 / gold etc.

Similarly, “Experimental” is the description Google uses for features in Gmail or GSuite. There are cases where features have remained tagged as experimental for years.

However, I’m not defending whether PSWriteOffice is feature complete for every use case. I am however asserting that it does satisfy Fritz’s original post.

Is Xojo any less “experimental” in that sense?

Kind regards, Andrew
[/quote]

Christian
As suggested, I bought the OmegaBundle. I’m still getting familiar with it (I already had your demo MBS plugins so I have some idea of how to use them), so I can’t say much about it yet, but I’m having a good time exploring. I’ll keep you and the folks on this thread updated, in case others are interested in the bundle.
Thanks for your advice and the excellent support offered by the folks at MonkeyBread.
fritz