Einhugur Plugin Releases (2021)

I only tried the 1.1 version. I can’t find the download for the compiled 1.0 version. If you give me a link to it I’ll try it.

You will find it in the Einhugur Archives at:

If 1.0 is ok then that helps greatly in narrowing what has gone wrong.

1 Like

It’s definitely an issue with your build of TextInputCanvas I’m afraid. I get a crash on launch with version 1.0 too but if I replace your plugin with @Christian_Schmitz one the app runs fine.

Here’s the GDB dump from version 1.0:

Reading symbols from /home/garry/My Apps/BCE - TextInput 1.0/Better Code Editor Dev Harness...
(No debugging symbols found in /home/garry/My Apps/BCE - TextInput 1.0/Better Code Editor Dev Harness)
(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/garry/My Apps/BCE - TextInput 1.0/Better Code Editor Dev Harness 
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libthread_db.so.1".
[New Thread 0x7ffff2e23700 (LWP 3167)]
[New Thread 0x7ffff2622700 (LWP 3168)]
[Detaching after vfork from child process 3169]
[Detaching after vfork from child process 3170]
[Detaching after vfork from child process 3171]
[Detaching after vfork from child process 3172]
[Detaching after vfork from child process 3173]

Thread 1 "Better Code Edi" received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt full
#0  0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#1  0x00007ffff16e37a6 in FirePaint(REALobjectStruct*, REALobjectStruct*, Rect const*, int) ()
   from /home/garry/My Apps/BCE - TextInput 1.0/Better Code Editor Dev Harness Libs/TextInputCanvas1001.so
#2  0x00007ffff5b490f1 in ?? ()
   from /home/garry/My Apps/BCE - TextInput 1.0/Better Code Editor Dev Harness Libs/XojoGUIFramework64.so
#3  0x00007ffff5ad62fa in ?? ()
   from /home/garry/My Apps/BCE - TextInput 1.0/Better Code Editor Dev Harness Libs/XojoGUIFramework64.so
#4  0x00007ffff52565ef in ?? () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk-3.so.0
#5  0x00007ffff51feec3 in ?? () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk-3.so.0
#6  0x00007ffff4959a56 in ?? ()
   from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgobject-2.0.so.0
#7  0x00007ffff4977dd1 in g_signal_emit_valist ()

I just tested on Ubuntu 20, and had no problems. (Its a clean Ubuntu 20 as in it not having the Dev toolchain and other such).

I tested it from within the Xojo IDE.

What Xojo version were you using and which version of the plugin (API1 vs API2) ? (1.0 was sort of in between and probably would only have ran on API2 capable Xojo)

I used the API 2.0 version. Running the latest version of Xojo. The crash happens with the built app. If I run it from the debugger the app crashes immediately - the debugger is never broken into.

Is it enough for me to drag the control onto the Window and hit run ?

Or do I actually need to code something on it ?

I was able to reproduce it now. I had to add code to the Paint event to reproduce.

I see right away in the IDE though that the Build is bad, since in the Paint event the areas comes as Object array, Which is wrong for version 1.1, which hints that it did not actually build for Linux maybe.

Bigger question though is then why 1.0 would not run for you. Am checking that next.

1 Like

We just posted version 1.1.2 of the Einhugur Fork of the TextInputCanvas.

New in version 1.1.2:
Fixed critical issue that caused crash on Linux and could cause memory clobbering on macOS and Windows.
Did more optimizations.
The plugin now keys up for update checks with Tim’s awesome Plugin Pro utility

Our git repo can be found here:
https://bitbucket.org/einhugur/textinputcanvas/src/master/

Built plugin can be downloaded here:
https://einhugur.com/Downloads/Plugs/TextInputCanvas.zip

TextInputCanvas

TextInputCanvas is a plugin for the Xojo programming environment that allows developers to implement custom text input controls with international input support.

Our TextInputCanvas is fork of the TextInputCanvas from Xojo Inc at: GitHub - xojo/TextInputCanvas: TextInputCanvas is a plugin for the Xojo programming environment that allows developers to implement custom text input controls with international input support.

We have progressed their version and provide builds for everyone for all platforms.

Note: We cannot help you with setting up build tool chain or provide you with any custom tools we use in our tool chain.

@GarryPettet → Fix completed

4 Likes

Fantastic work @Björn_Eiríksson, I can confirm that the issue is fixed. Thank you.

2 Likes

Something terrible happened when installing new XCode today

It seems it by accident the new XCode revoked a certificate. And it seems Einhugur Plugins all over now are refusing to load.

The situation is getting investigated and I will try to start piling out re-signed plugins at some point tomorrow.

2 Likes

Yikes. I guess that affects those with older plug-ins too?

From here, it seems limited to newer ones, which I guess were signed with the revoked “current” certificate.

Edit: However, some newly updated plugins, like TreeView, appear alright if I scroll up.

Its unclear how far back it affects. Its time related for sure, from the time that Certificate was issued (which I do not know the date of) and limited to one Build machine. Though this particular build server was used to build almost everything recently at least.

It is slightly possible that we will have some users who where happy with their old copies and did not plan to renew or did not plan to renew yet or anything in that direction.

I will work with those users somehow so hopefully no person should be unhappy at end of the crisis.

TreeView from today and also WindowSplitter from today were compiled on other server.

1 Like

Well, my plugins folder is stuffed full of everything of yours (and Christian’s.)

May we infer from that that attending to my red list should make everyone whole? :slight_smile:

Edit: to make it clear, all plugins have been kept current.

Ok so I will maintain status of the mess here:

• Barcode Plugin 4.0 :+1: - Published before June 2021 so is good.
  • DateControl :+1: (Confirmed by using Jerry’s picture above)
  • CustomButton 3.0.5 :biohazard:
  • CustomButton 3.1 :+1: :two:
  • CalendarControl 8.6 :+1: - Published before June 2021 so is good.
  • Color Management Plugin 2.5.2 :biohazard:
  • CoreClasses 7.7 - :+1: - :one:
  • GraphicsFormats 8.3 :+1: - Published before June 2021 so is good. :warning:
  • e-CryptIt Engine 14.4 :biohazard:
  • Einhugur Duck DB all versions :+1: (Confirmed by using Jerry’s picture above)
  • Einhugur Linux Bridge plugin 1.0.2 - :+1: - Published before June 2021 so is good.
  • Einhugur macOS Bridge plugin 4.0 - :+1: - Published before June 2021
  • Einhugur macOS Bridge plugin 4.2 - :biohazard: :two:
  • Einhugur SQLite Plugin 1.5.2 :+1: (Confirmed by using Jerry’s picture above)
  • ENET Plugin 2.0 :+1: - Published before June 2021 so is good.
  • ExcelWriter 2.6 :+1: - Published before June 2021 so is good.
  • ErrorProvider 3.0 :+1: - Published before June 2021 so is good.
  • FileLib 7.0 :+1: - Published before June 2021 so is good.
  • FileSystemWatcher 1.1.6 - Published before June 2021 so is good.
  • FlowLayout 3.0.2 :+1: - Published before June 2021 so is good.
  • JSON Plugin II 1.5.2 :+1: - Published before June 2021 so is good.
  • JSON Parser Plugin 1.6 :+1: - Published before June 2021 so is good.
  • PDF Plugin 2.7 :biohazard:
  • PictureButton 5.1 :+1: - Published before June 2021 so is good.
  • PictureEffectsRaw 5.5 :biohazard:
  • Python3Script Plugin 3.5 :+1: - Published before June 2021 so is good.
  • PythonScript Plugin 3.0.1 :+1: - Published before June 2021 so is good.
  • SearchControl 3.0.4 :+1: - Published before June 2021 so is good.
  • TimeControl 7.7 :+1: - Published before June 2021 so is good.
  • TypeLib 11.0.5 :small_red_triangle_down: I republished this one to fix so you can download the new one.
  • TypeLibF 3.1 - :+1: - Published before June 2021 so is good.
  • TreeView 8.6 - :+1: - 9.0.4 in the Xojo Beta program is also good.
  • UtilsLib 7.5 :+1: - Published before June 2021 so is good.
  • LuaScript 2.0 :+1: (Confirmed by using Jerry’s picture above)
  • WindowSplitter 10.0 :+1: - Published before June 2021 so is good.
  • WindowSplitter 11.0 :biohazard: :two:

:+1: = Confirmed good
:small_red_triangle_down: = Has been republished you need to download.
:biohazard: Confirmed Bad
:warning: Make sure to use re-downloaded TypeLib with this one
:one: = If you have older version which refuses to load but do not have up to date license to get the new one then contact me.
:two: = Currently only available in the Xojo Beta program but I am looking into what we can do to release version outside of the Beta program.

The TreeView 8.6 came out in Jun 2021, and was build on this particular server so anything published before that is assumed good.

This seems to be the full list, the issue is not as big as first thought, I might even have them all up late tomorow night.

1 Like

Get some sleep. :slight_smile:

e-CryptIt Engine has been recompiled and uploaded. (I no longer can edit the list above).
PDF Plugin has been recompiled and uploaded.

But you can Quote your text and edit the source then :wink:

I assume it affects macOS only?