Einhugur Plugin Releases (2018)

DateControl 7.1.2 is out

New in 7.1.2:
Fixed crash issue with container controls on Windows systems.

more info at www.einhugur.com

TreeView 7.7 is out.

The TreeView is a Xojo control plugin to create tree views.

The TreeView will run with native theme rendering look and feel on all platforms.

New in 7.7:
[i] * Added BeforeNodeSelectionChange event. This event can
for example be used to toggle between white and black icon
depending on if node is selected or not.

• Added support for Xojo 2018r2 drawing. (Those using the
    DrawForeground event on TreeViewCustomNode will need to re-map
    the event since it now uses double parameters instead of Integers)
  • Gtk3 support for Linux Alpha stage as in not complete Gtk3 support.[/i]

Should the new Treview plugin fix the screen flickering when expanding or clicking on a node? We’re not seeing any much improvement.

Depends on what your application is doing.

We are really struggling with what Xojo has done. In tests if I was messing with the window forcing it composite by using Window messages then I would get flicker on the TreeView with Xojo 2018r2. Then its like Xojo draws first background even if we have it defined on the control to not paint background.

Edit:

I do get it on simpler applications also, I will file bug report, as Xojo is right now then there is not much or anything more we can do. This is all a bit absurd.

Filed report here:

52911 - Plugin Control Flicker on windows

I added more to the bug report after narrowing it down:

[b]More info, I have narrowed it down

It seems Getting Graphics DC and then releasing it even if drawing nothing causes flicker, REALGraphicsReleaseDC seems to flush something out and trigger the unwanted effect.

Sadly we live in mixed world and we need to be able to Draw some Xojo drawing then native then Xojo, etc like always in the past.[/b]

So in short, REALGraphicsReleaseDC makes it flicker.

In short, you are saying that this is XOJO issue and not the plugins. I don’t disagree because after testing 2018r2, it’s just not feasible to use it for developing Windows applications. Even 2018r1 had less flicker using the new Treeview than 2018r2.

I am seeing slight flicker via Bjorn’s included examples (was worse for me with 2018r1.1).

I updated a largish project with treeview 7.7 and found it to be flicker free BUT those treeview controls sit within a container which has it’s DoublBuffer property set to true.

Don’t know where this might help but thought I should mention it here.

Running Windows 10 and Xojo 2018r2.

PictureEffectsRaw 4.2 is out

The PictureEffectsRaw plugin enables you to do advanced image processing in Xojo using up to 8 CPU cores at once. And some of the effects can also do it in asynchronous mode.

The plugin has full support for Color Profiles and many effects can either work on 8 bit per channel images or 16 bit per channel.

New in PictureEffectsRaw 4.2:
* Added LevelsEffectRaw class. (8 bit per channel, RGB, synchronous and asynchronous)
* Added RawBitmapChannelHistogram class.
* Added methods to the ContrastStretchRaw class to support asynchronous image processing.
* Fixed Critical memory error in the ContrastStretchRaw class.
* Added support for 16 bits per channel in the ContrastStretchRaw class.
* Fixed almost all the example projects to refresh the visual canvas correctly modern Xojo versions so the examples work on Windows.
* Added Async example project for the ContrastStretchRaw class.
* Added methods to the EqualizeEffectRaw class to support asynchronous image processing.
* Added Async example project for the EqualizeEffectRaw class.
* Added methods to the ExposureEffectRaw class to support asynchronous image processing.
* Added support for 16 bits per channel in the ExposureEffectRaw class.
* Added Async example project for the ExposureEffectRaw class.
* Added methods to the GainEffectRaw class to support asynchronous image processing.
* Added support for 16 bits per channel in the GainEffectRaw class.
* Added Async example project for the GainEffectRaw class.
* Added methods to the BarrelDistortEffectRaw class to support asynchronous image processing.
* Added Async example project for the BarrelDistortEffectRaw class.
* Added methods to the HueSaturationRaw class to support asynchronous image processing.
* Added Async example project for the HueSaturationRaw class.

[quote=399685:@Björn Eiríksson]I added more to the bug report after narrowing it down:
Sadly we live in mixed world and we need to be able to Draw some Xojo drawing then native then Xojo, etc like always in the past.[/b][/quote]

Really sad, I miss VB6, lightning fast custom drawn controls with native api Only.

About the problem, (as a work around for xojo extreme slow performance), have you tried sendind a WM_SETREDRAW message to the control? wParam 0 the drawing and wParam 1 after?

In another topic, I was testing some of your plug ins, most of them worked great, but, the PDF one didnt worked, as if the plugin where never installed (I put the file, not a folder, read the faqs). Any idea of what i miss?

[quote=400109:@Pedro Ivan Tellez Corella]Really sad, I miss VB6, lightning fast custom drawn controls with native api Only.

About the problem, (as a work around for xojo extreme slow performance), have you tried sendind a WM_SETREDRAW message to the control? wParam 0 the drawing and wParam 1 after?

In another topic, I was testing some of your plug ins, most of them worked great, but, the PDF one didnt worked, as if the plugin where never installed (I put the file, not a folder, read the faqs). Any idea of what i miss?[/quote]

For the PDF not working for you then I am guessing you were either missing a helper plugin or having to old one ? As in the TypeLib plugin (not to be confused with TypeLibF). (And its best to take that one from separate download to ensure newest version).

If plugin installed or not then it is best to check from Xojo Help Menu under plugins to see if it is there.

Other possibility if you were on Window that you had hit the max dll issue ? (Sadly Xojo does suffer from that on Windows systems so users need to be selective of what plugins to have installed there for each project)

PictureButton 4.1.4 is out

The PictureButton plugin is designed to give far better experience between platforms than the built in Xojo Bevel button.

New in 4.1.4:
Fixed crash issue on Windows systems when DoubleBuffer and HasDBBackColor properties were both set to true.

e-CryptIt Engine 13.1.7 is out

e-CryptIt Engine is a plugin to do encryption, hashing, compression, encoding and checksums.

New in 13.1.7:
Fixed issue with Zip archives on Windows systems.

WindowSplitter 9.2 is out

New in 9.2:
Re-wrote the WindowSplitter on Windows systems to make the Non live mode work decently. The new non live mode on Windows supports container controls and nesting.
Updated the drawing API for Xojo 2018r2 or later.

Basically I went back and have been doing application on Windows to see what can go better,
and it was very clear that Live move on Window splitter will never give good results on Windows
due to Xojo flicker handling. And the non live mode really was not working well after they changed
the drawing to Direct2D drawing, nor did the non live mode ever work well on container controls.

So the new non live mode is recommended for all cases on Windows over live mode it handles
container controls and nesting and should hopefully always give good results.

For those that do not know then the WindowSplitter plugin control for Xojo is a user interface control to create split views of Xojo, using platform native rendering whenever possible.

CoreClasses 7.0 is out

For those that do not know then the CoreClasses plugin provides vital internal support for other Einhugur plugins. And also all its containers, algorithms and structures can be used directly in Xojo as well.

New in version 7.0:

* Added Map method to the ObjectArray class.
* Added Walk method to the ObjectArray class.
* Added CombineWith method to the ObjectArray class.
* Added MapObjectArrayDelegate to the ObjectArray class.
* Added WalkObjectArrayDelegate to the ObjectArray class.
* Added Map method to the VariantArray class.
* Added Walk method to the VariantArray class.
* Added CombineWith method to the VariantArray class.
* Added MapVariantArrayDelegate to the VariantArray class.
* Added WalkVariantArrayDelegate to the VariantArray class.
* Added GetObjectKeys method to the ObjectDictionary class.
* Added GetStringKeys method to the ObjectDictionary class.
* Added GetValues method to the ObjectDictionary class.
* Added WalkObjectDictionaryDelegate to the ObjectDictionary class.
* Added CombineWith method to the StringArray class.
* Added Map method to the StringArray class.
* Added Walk method to the StringArray class.
* Added MapStringArrayDelegate to the ObjectArray class.
* Added WalkStringArrayDelegate to the ObjectArray class.

[b]PictureButton 4.5 is out

New in version 4.5:[/b]
[i] * Added support for macOS Mojave dark themes.

• Phased out old HITheme Carbon API making the control have zero Carbon footprint.
  • Adjusted drawing in the Windows IDE for the latest Xojo so arrow draws in right place when in IDE mode.
  • Removed support for old style Carbon compile, and minimum MacOS version is now 10.9.[/i]

The PictureButton plugin is designed to give far better experience between platforms than the built in Xojo Bevel button.

DateControl 7.5 is out.

DateControl is to create a date selection control on Xojo desktop applications.

New in version 7.5:

• Added support for macOS Mojave dark themes.
  • Improved Min date handling on macOS systems.
  • Separators are no longer drawn on macOS and Linux systems when Empty date is selected.
  • Improved when on Xojo 2016 or later generation of disabled image when custom drop down image is used.
  • Phased out old HITheme Carbon API making the control have zero Carbon footprint.
  • Removed support for old style Carbon compile, and minimum MacOS version is now 10.9.
  • Fixed Linker error on Linux GTK3 systems.

TimeControl 7.0 is out.

TimeControl is a plugin control to offer time control user interface input element for desktop platforms.

New in TimeControl 7.0:

• Removed support for old style Carbon compile, and minimum MacOS version is now 10.9.

WindowSplitter 9.3 is out.

WindowSplitter is a Xojo plugin control to create split views in forms.

New In WindowSplitter 9.3:

• Mac version has now option of macOS Panel style in addition to existing styles.
  • Removed obsolete CarbonLiveMove property.
  • Removed obsolete MacFailStyle property.
  • Removed needed dependency to CoreClasses.

Hi Björn,

Any chance of including general SVG rendering only support (and being able to use them in PDFs directly) in your plugins?

Thanks

• Karen

Hello Karen

It’s probably not likely at least not from what technology we possess now.

Björn