Einhugur Plugin and Rect class issue

[quote=483095:@Björn Eiríksson]Ah so when doing REALbasic.Rect then that’s API1 rect I guess.

Thanks for clarifying, since I have been a bit confused in this thread. And had not connected why it was causing issues right now.

I do not have capability to update all at once which is basically the only tricky part. But many things have slowly been changed internally to just use Xojo rect (which by it self might be Hazard as well given the info you told me just now). But I suppose the way to go would be to just do the change and see what brakes and then slowly weed down whatever issues come.[/quote]

Yes it’s purely API 2.0 but since it allows mixed api 1 and 2 it’s a major thing.
I’d be happy to help. To test for other issues.
The bugreport is full of tests simply because i had other values than the xojo developers. They did not had the plugins installed i think.

P.s. Maybe plugins pro can add a feature to swich to beta test plugins so it’s easier to help plugin devs with testing. @Tim Parnell ?

[quote=483096:@Thom McGrath]Yeah it’s going to be a mess. Like I said, this stuff is why we avoided using global Rect in the first place.

I personally believe that all plugins should be forced into namespaces. They shouldn’t be allowed in the global space. But that will absolutely never happen at this point.[/quote]

We have all wanted namespace for years. And like things where it can be done then most of us use name spaces. But Xojo has never dealt with the limitations of their name spacing.

Like multisegments plugins…like PictureEffectsRaw that has 10-15 plugins inside it, logically all should go in same namespace but its not possible.

Rect should logically be like EinhugurGeometry.Rect or something like that. But same goes for other things in same plugin but in different segment in the plugin, like PolygonF should be also in EinhugurGeometry.PolygonF.

2nd problem with their so called “Namespaces” is that it makes the code complete not work at all in many cases for people. (Though we have not let that stop us from name spacing where it can be used)

Yeah there’s no means to have a namespace be coalesced from different plugin segments

The funny thing is the WebSDK required a namespace to be registered. Not sure why that didn’t happen to actual plugins…

I hope they soon come with a better means of the whole plugins thing. When having so much plugins things become slow. Not to mention these issues that seem to come form the latest changed in API 2.0.

namespaces for plugins didnt exist for a long time
plugin devs pretty much couldnt do it until recently
its one reason MBS started suffixing so many many years ago

this is the problem with everything living in the same global namespace

i think that post above is a spam. Android apps of some kind are not “Constructors”. And neither does Xojo even support Android currently.

i dont see any other post here with “Android” ?

2 posts above mine if you check the 2 links on it. The post by Taylor Iuliucci

i see it. definitely spam

For anyone having issues, watch this thread:
https://forum.xojo.com/57911-einhugur-plugin-releases-2020/10#p483544

looks like all his posts have been removed