drag a file outside a listbox and copy it.

one more questions guys …

is there a plugin for xojo that will handle dragging and dropping from the App to outside the App. ?

There is one control that handles dragging from Xojo to the desktop : HTMLViewer. You can drag displayed images to the desktop, or to a folder. AFAIK it is not possible to do the same for non displayable files.

Note that in spite of extensive search, I found nothing about that feature on the Internet.

Apart from that, I am not aware of any system calls that will do that from a Windows app. By nature, the app you drop onto being Windows itself, and not an application program, that would require some sort of protocol between apps and Windows that does not seem to be found. A search in Stack Overflow which always return something leads nothing.

On Mac, Sam’s demo is the only project available for that feature. I am not even talking about Apple’s documentation on the subject, more obscure than Nostradamus writings.

Looks to me you are avidly chasing an untamed ornithoid…

The same technique can be used in all rectControls; I would recommend that you experiment with DragRow event of a listbox. I would also suggest that you read up on handling Drag and Drop in the Language Reference, it will help.

ok fellas for now i will experiment.

Thank you