Does Xojo work fully on Raspberry PI?

The Xojo IDE does not run on raspberry pi.

I don’t need it, but of curiosity Greg, why not? Xojo can compile for it, and I was under the impression that Xojo is written in Xojo. Are there supporting libraries that won’t work?

Well for one, the compiler doesn’t run on ARM yet and there are several other dependencies that we have that would have to be updated.

2 Likes

You’d better get the Compiler working soon for the new Apple Silicon Macs.

The compiler compiles ARM now. Thats how we build raspberry pi and iOS apps, but yes it’s something we need to do to release the IDE natively on Apple Silicon. As you already know, Xojo 2019r3.2 and 2020r1 already work on Big Sur.

Now I can’t edit my message. It was meant to make sure the Xojo Compile can run on an ARM platform.
May be useful for running IDE on Apple Silicon or maybe someday on Linux 64-bit ARM.

I understood your message, but it sounded like you were saying that the IDE wouldn’t work on Apple Silicon.

Be assured that getting the rest of the dependencies converted is in the works. It just takes some time.

1 Like

We use the RPI for controlling some internally developed test equipment and have found Xojo performs exceptionally well and is a breeze to develop on with minimal design time.
If you are going to use a Gui then you may experience some issues with the controls when ported to the RPI.
Read this topic as some some smart guys have made some huge improvements for Gui controls

Jon

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.