Documentation API1 vs API2 Rant

You’re being obtuse and argumentative, right? Why would I want the 18r3 docs take me to the updated online 19r3.1 version of the User Guide?

As for my case - specific situations are not of importance - even though I mentioned the IDE Scripting in the report. Just remove all of the external links from the local docs and make sure that anything needed is included in the local copy.

Well, no. But I do find this comment to be rude and insulting. Keep your tone civil, please.

OK, so if you are using a non-current release then you don’t want to go to do the online docs. Not sure I got that from your other comments. Seems like someone using a current release would benefit from having links that go online, though.

Understanding specific situations is important. Just because this behavior change is what you want does not mean it is what makes sense for everyone. Create a Feedback feature request and we will discuss on our end to see what is feasible.

[quote=493778:@Paul Lefebvre]OK, so if you are using a non-current release then you don’t want to go to do the online docs. Not sure I got that from your other comments. Seems like someone using a current release would benefit from having links that go online, though.
[/quote]
No - if I set it to use local - I only want it to use the local docs. Maybe I’m on a metered connection and don’t want to eat my bandwidth looking for information that was represented as being available locally. The option doesn’t ask if I want to access SOME of the docs locally.

I never said it made sense for everyone - when I post a feedback report or feature request, I do so because it affects me. however, I am confused as how you could possibly assume that this one COULDN’T affect everyone.