Dock Menu

Sorry, I was asking about the feedback case.

DockMenu is part of the NSApplicationDelegate…

…and most boring :stuck_out_tongue: I’m the kind of person that likes to take things apart and put them back together with a few screws left over.

Since message forwarding seems to be the sanctioned hack (it’s what Christian’s doing) then I’m curious how to do it. Joes comment about forwarding messages not part of the app delegate is enlightening. It’s super is NSObject so I don’t see what difference it’d make unless those are overridden, which they aren’t, but I’m sure there’s something to discover.

Anyways I cleaned up and packaged my method adding code into a self contained module. This demo uses a simple NSMenu wrapper but you can use MacOSLib instead.

ha ha…

Was that an evil super villain laugh or just a regular old laugh?

regular old laugh…

[quote=199461:@Will Shank]@Michel Bujardet the ideal and easiest seems to be to use NSApplicationDelegateMBS
…and most boring :stuck_out_tongue: I’m the kind of person that likes to take things apart and put them back together with a few screws left over.[/quote]

As I may have shown once or twice, nothing wrong about DIY. All depends what you are in for. If what you enjoy is the programming challenge, ready-made solutions are indeed not fun. For people who are on a schedule, instant coffee maybe the thing.

Congratulations for dockMenuDev, and thank you for sharing.