DateTime.FromString Exception Error

I don’t understand this, you are saying that you don’t agree but then mention that will be the case in some timezones that skip due to DST.

That’s exactly what I’m saying, what to do when the date+time fall in a non-existing hour due to DST.

Are you talking about your code in line 17? d2 value in this case is 03/10/2024 03:04, proving that Xojo has, at least, an inconsistency and FromString should not Exception but give back the same 03/10/2024 03:04

Thank you, this is a good information to create a simple project that shows the bug. I will create it now.

Thank you, yes, we are on the same page.

I like the functionality of skipping a time that falls on the transition of DST. However, I want the control of when it does the skip. In my case I would prefer it not to adjust or skip. Give me the invalid time (due to dst).

However, there are places where I might choose to accept it. Such as job scheduling, if I set the time zone to US and the event falls at 2:15 on 2024-3-10 then yes, I like getting back 3:15 otherwise that job will not run on 2024-3-10.

Oh, one other item, if the exception is to occur, please, please, please give a better reason instead of the misleading reason that was returned. Just this log alone, while very good feedback causes significant work.

Thank you for the help and getting to the bottom of this. Xojo Rocks!

Issue:
#76182 - DateTime.FromString RuntimeException/InvalidArgumentException when it falls in ‘spring forward time’

Maybe is a duplicate case of older one created, but could not find it. I hope is clear.

I added more info to be studied.