Database support in iOS ?

I think offering that up as a service would be worthwhile…

Would there be a way of charging for the api so we could use it on our own servers and databases here?

[quote=84796:@Ken Lossman]I think offering that up as a service would be worthwhile…
Would there be a way of charging for the api so we could use it on our own servers and databases here?[/quote]
There are generic mechanisms for how to do such an API - RPC (json, xml etc)
But the specific API YOUR app needs will be unique to your app
It really can’t be set up as a generic “service” that you can send a “request” to some generic “service” that knows how to answer the request you make

That’d be like asking Twitter, Facebook, Google & all the other folks who provide APIs to their services to all use the same API
Unlikely

[quote=84801:@Norman Palardy]There are generic mechanisms for how to do such an API - RPC (json, xml etc)
But the specific API YOUR app needs will be unique to your app
It really can’t be set up as a generic “service” that you can send a “request” to some generic “service” that knows how to answer the request you make

That’d be like asking Twitter, Facebook, Google & all the other folks who provide APIs to their services to all use the same API
Unlikely[/quote]

And therein lies the problem. Would only work with a lot of tailoring by me or by by building a tool that allows the client to configure the API. Haven’t really thought too much in depth about how but looks like a nightmare.

More realistic would be selling the framework with a very thorough userguide!!

Selling the framework is what I was really meaning…

I am planning on doing a training video on this. I could be convinced to move this up on the (never ending) schedule.

That would be great Bob…

There is some client side code (no server code that I can see) for XML-RPC
https://thezaz.com/code/xmlrpc/client/

However json might be much more compact