Hello Simon,

Any chance to have this public again ?

Thanks a lot .

Sure, on my website:

CSV Converter

[quote=358230:@Simon Berridge]Sure, on my website:

CSV Converter[/quote]
Thanks ,

I was looking more on the code than the final build, I`m having trouble with some files that don’t get parsed property .

Thanks again.

Ok, so the class is here:

sabCSVIn.zip

[quote=358239:@Simon Berridge]Ok, so the class is here:

sabCSVIn.zip[/quote]
Thank you

Hi Simon,

It seems that there are some issues with the import, what I found so far is that if I open an excel with Excel 2013 in my case and save it as .csv I get a lot of errors with [quote]Encountered invalid character.[/quote] and when I look into the debugger I get like a black sign with a question mark inside like this ? . I did tried as ASCI, as well as UTF8 but I have no idea why it does not clean those .

Any idea ?

Thanks

What character delimiter Excell use ?
(is it used in the shared Xojo code ?)

Check the GetDelimiter Method f(in the rbo code):

Tab (Chr(9), ;, :, and , “only”.

[quote=358857:@Emile Schwarz]Check the GetDelimiter Method f(in the rbo code):

Tab[/code] (Chr(9), [code];[/code], [code]:[/code], and [code],

the delimiter is the standard one [quote],[/quote]

OK.

What if there is a comma inside a field (not as a delimiter) ? Is that field enclosed with quotes ?

Were you able to determine what will return the error you get (from the Excel export) ?

Were you able to import that Excel exported csv file ?
(seems a pretty stupid question, but it is not)

[quote=358848:@Aurelian Negrea]and when I look into the debugger I get like a black sign with a question mark inside like this ? . I did tried as ASCI, as well as UTF8 but I have no idea why it does not clean those .

[/quote]
you could still see inside the debugger for the binary version of the string (binary tab when you open the string for inspection with the small magnifier icon). then you will get the ascii code of that character, it will help.

Please will you send me the import file you are using?

I can’t see why this would be a problem but I would like to check it out.

PM me with the file and I will investigate.

Simon.

I have been playing around with the class and the latest version is here:

sabCSVIn

Unfortunately I cannot replicate the issues you are getting so I would like to see the input csv file that you are using.

Simon.