Crash on IF statement

FYI, the compiler “level” (aggressive, etc.) only applies to 64-bit.

Feedback case with example project?

Could you also let us know what cpu this is running on?

OS Name :: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version :: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Processor :: Intel(R) Core™ i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) :: 16.0 GB

There seems to be something in how the IDE starts up corresponding with the optimization level set before hitting the “Run” button. I tested this by starting the Xojo IDE which I will call “XI#” to stand for “Xojo IDE instance number”. Here is what I found:

XI1 :: Aggressive :: Fail - Xojo IDE crashed
XI2 :: Moderate :: Fail - Xojo IDE crashed
XI3 :: Default :: Pass - I stopped the execution and changed optimization level to Moderate
XI3 :: Moderate :: Pass - I stopped the execution and changed optimization level to Aggressive
XI3 :: Aggressive :: Pass - I quit the IDE and restarted the IDE
XI4 :: Aggressive :: Fail - Xojo IDE crashed
XI5 :: Default :: Pass - I stopped the execution and changed optimization level to Aggressive
XI5 :: Aggressive :: Pass - I quit the IDE and restarted the IDE
XI6 :: Aggressive :: Fail

It looks like for Xojo 2018R4 it is safe to run 64bit with the Default optimization level.

Very odd. I guess its not 64bit related then. I then thought it might be related to the short loop issue with Skylake/Kaby Lake but you don’t have one of those so I’m out of ideas. Perhaps open a feedback ticket and see if Xojo can point you in the right direction for some logging to find the cause.

I still wait for a feedback case id and an example project there…

54829 - Crash on IF Statement

Sample project included?
I had problems reproducing the issue.

[quote=423724:@Christian Schmitz]Sample project included?
I had problems reproducing the issue.[/quote] I’m trying to create a small project but when I create a web project and run it for 32bit, it runs fine. When I set it to 64bit and run it in the IDE, I get a Windows message saying “DebugTestIFStatement.exe has stopped working” “A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.” I figure that this application is too small? or doesn’t do enough to have Winblows think it is doing something before the browser (Firefox) connects to it?

I don’t like Windows.

Well, if it crashes on a lower level than Xojo’S exceptions, this is the dialog you get.

So if you have a project causing this, please submit it.