CPI - Custom Property Inspector- Black Friday Sale

What is the difference to the StackView classes? See https://forum.xojo.com/42401-stackview-classes-updated-macos-linux

As far as I know Martin never solved the flicker problem under Windows …

At my side it does not, on none of our computers.
They have all the same plugins loaded, so I expected it be clashing with one of the loaded plugins. When I remove all third party plugins it works.

@Dave S - Dave I get this when starting:

Buy Button/Action
ShowURL “http://www.rdS.com/cpi/cpi.html
x=me.TextColor <— this item does not exist

El Capitain 10.11.6 Xojo 17.1.1

If I comment it out it works.

BTW looks great. I too will be buying it.

Henry

[quote=359081:@Henry F Gibson]@Dave S - Dave I get this when starting:
Buy Button/Action
ShowURL “http://www.rdS.com/cpi/cpi.html
x=me.TextColor <— this item does not exist
El Capitain 10.11.6 Xojo 17.1.1
If I comment it out it works.
BTW looks great. I too will be buying it.
Henry[/quote]
Yes that was an unfortunate “left over”… I have deleted it.
NOTE : the URL indicated does not yet work… I am still writing the HTML.

[quote=358995:@Beatrix Willius]I’m getting a really strange error when loading the xml project into the latest beta:
This file appears to have been corrupted or is not a valid Xojo file. Data will be recovered as much as possible.
The file itself loads fine. macOS High Sierra also latest beta.[/quote]
I have no answer for this. The XML project was created using Xojo2016r4.1, under MacOS Sierra. Are there other instances where people have encountered this. Are all of you that have reported this using HS??? As I know for a fact that many others have had no issue loading this project

[quote=359072:@Joost Rongen]At my side it does not, on none of our computers.
They have all the same plugins loaded, so I expected it be clashing with one of the loaded plugins. When I remove all third party plugins it works.[/quote]
Since I do not use plugin, I cannot “test” this… But am confused as to why anything would “clash”… CPI uses NO Plugins, NO Declares and NO platform specific code. The only thing that comes to mind might be Method names that conflict? And I made sure that all PRIVATE methods and variable have somewhat unique names

As I specified… this Demo will ONLY run within the IDE… If you compile the DEMO or any other app using that encrypted class, you will get a warning message and the control will be blank IF YOU ATTEMPT TO COMPILE

Just uploaded another version… but really didn’t make much in the way of changes

1. removed the line that Henry mentioned
  2. Save as a BINARY project, not XML to see if that gets around the “corrupt” message a few of you are seeing …

Hey Dave you may have missed it: Is it possible to change font sizes?

Of course and understood.
My problem why I cannot even run the project within IDE, MUST BE due to loaded plugins. Reproducible on Mac AND Windows.
I will send you a list of my loaded plugins in a private thread.
If you want me to do it I can do some testing, e.g. removing plugins one by one in order to check where the issue is.

[quote=359072:@Joost Rongen]At my side it does not, on none of our computers.
They have all the same plugins loaded, so I expected it be clashing with one of the loaded plugins. When I remove all third party plugins it works.[/quote]

My current plugins:

MySQLCommunityPlugin
MBS Xojo MacCG Plugin
MBS Xojo Main Plugin
MBS Xojo Util Plugin
#CoreClasses
chilkat
PostgreSQLPlugin
SearchControl
MBS Xojo VLC PLugin
CubeSQLPlugin
MBS Xojo MacOSX Plugin
MBS Xojo Picture Plugin
MBS Xojo MacCF Plugin

Perhaps it is one you have that I do not.

My question too, since it shows up a bit heavy.

yes, some

Hopefully shaves off some troubleshooting time :slight_smile:

sorry… yes… all aspects can be controlled… some (like colors) are via propertys in the IDE
others like fonts, spacing etc are via constants… if you find an aspect that cannot be altered in on of those ways let me know.

Joost. sending ME a list of your plugins won’t help, as I have no idea what they might do, or how they might do it… They’d just be “names” to me :frowning:

I understand, but have a look anyway. Tell me, what do you want me to do ? Since i am not using obscure plugins, it’s for sure others will also run into this problem if not solved now. Take the lead over your project.

Phillip and Joost have a list of 7 plugins in common, Joost has 20 that Phillip does not (mostly MBS) and Phillip has 6 that Joost does not

Joost… did the lastest upload solve the “corrupt” file issue?

So far we have a list of 3 plugins that Joost has that nobody else (who it is working for) does

Lexing Plugin.xojo_plugin
fp Plugin.xojo_plugin
MBS Xojo Compression Plugin.xojo_plugin

It is not MBS Xojo Compression Plugin.xojo_plugin

FP PLUGIN is by Bob Delaney and is for extended Floating Point function
Lexing is a text editor control by VanHoek software

I ran across some very old posts (2008) that where a user was having a conflict issue with MBS and Quicktime
the “solution” seemed to lie in the name of the app… Try changing CPI.xojo.binary.project to XCPI.xojo.binary.project or some other name… plucking at straws here

yes, I have found the conflict. It’s fp Plugin.xojo_plugin ! It can be downloaded for free from Bod Delany’s site. I need this plugin for several projects, so want the conflict been solved if possible.

would love to be able to help… but I have no way of knowing what the conflict could even be…
I will attempt to download that plug-in and see what I can determine, if anything…
do I just need to put it in the "plugin folder?

the next release moves a few items to the design time IDE

• Default Fontsize : now 16
  • Default FontName : now SYSTEM
  • DataHeight (this determines how tall input boxes are) : now 24