Could not load...

[quote=440205:@Sean Arney]@Derek - I tried creating the build CopyFileStep and placed it under the windows build setting per the docs, added my .dll and then set the “applies to” to both “Both” and “Debug” and I get an error, “The script ‘CopyDll’ cant copy files to the destination in a pre build step. The destination does nto exist yet. This step will not be executed.” Wierd, re reading as I must have something wrong…also now getting an update and second try wont let me move the CopyFileStep from Contents to BuildSettings. arghh.
[/quote]
Move the copy step after the one that says “Build” so its a post-build step
And make sure you configure things to copy it right next to the exe itself

@Norm, that gets it building, thanks for that. Seems so obvious now. However, it still isnt working giving the Func not Found/Could Not Load error…

Does the DLL have to be ActiveX/COM compliant?

I bought Eugene’s ebook and reading but still am not sure whats going on here…

nope
just needs to be a dll that can be loaded using LoadLibrary on Windows or dl_open on macOS and Linux
under the hood thats what Xojo calls

It might be a 64-bit DLL and you’re building a 32-bit app (or vice versa).

ah good thought … never thought of that possibility but that would do it was well

Dependency Walker would show a 32/64 bit mismatch as well as a missing DLL referenced.
We often find DLLs which relay on some other DLL or a specific Visual Studio runtime version.

Some of all of the above - for sure all very helpful, thank you!