Controls: no transparency

I appreciate the effort to say what I meant - but what I said IS what I meant
Following the platform guidelines recommends not setting a custom color back ground & when you do this it works as expected

For suggesting that I got

1. somehow suggesting this meant I considered it not a bug (which I made no suggestions or comments about)
  2. that suggesting this was “pathetic”

So my recommendation now is the ever deferential “File a bug report and we’ll look into it” because trying to figure out what the person is trying to do or even trying to make a suggestion is apparent" pathetic" and even “defensive”

File a bug report

<https://xojo.com/issue/23800> verified
<https://xojo.com/issue/31853> verified
<https://xojo.com/issue/2103> verified

and quite a few more, just search in feedback for “transparency controls windows”

No, I’m not going to write another feedback case. It won’t help. This issue has been reported again and again, and as we learn now: it is a feature… Stupid me!

Oliver, we all understand by now that you are frustrated :confused:

Please read the relevant note from the engineer on 23800

Its not a feature - its stupid Win32 drawing in many respects
We might be able to work around it (as noted on 23800)

And please - the snide remarks like

[quote=70297:@Oliver Osswald]
No, I’m not going to write another feedback case. It won’t help. This issue has been reported again and again, and as we learn now: it is a feature… Stupid me![/quote]
Please show me where I said this IS a feature???
This kind of repeated snide reply is unnecessary

To finalize what I think of this case, I'm not American,   I'm not German,  I'm from Brazil   and for me anywhere in the world rudeness is not necessary to get something, this is my opinion . 

ah, I’m treated very well by xojo and this forum EVER!

Not commenting on all the controls, but the group box issue that is present at the top of this thread worked fine for me in RS 2012r2.1. Only when I switch to Xojo, the exact same code then draws the non transparent box under the Group box title.

Pass the popcorn.

Define “serious”. If serious means, “looks as pretty as the app I wrote on the Mac,” then, no. If it means, “makes me tens of thousands of dollars per month and makes my customer millions of dollars per year,” then, yes.

I find this question offensive.

And don’t “serious” Windows apps honor the user’s theme?

I slept over it and this morning I notice, that I used words which are not helpful but offensive. I regret the choice of my words.

It is my own responsibility to have chosen Realbasic/Real Studio/Xojo and not Mono/Xamarin, for instance. Now it seems to me, that I am stuck with something that is not getting developed in the Windows area. And when I see how long it took to get Cocoa up and running, I don’t believe that I will see a solid support for .Net within the next 5 years.

I am not satisfied with the quality of Windows software that is possible to produce with Xojo. The flicker issue is just one to mention. But I understand that these are just the limits imposed by the technology used behind the scenes (win32 api). This is technology we used in the early 90ies, but Microsoft has done better since then.

So this discussion is futile. I don’t expect things to change soon - in this area.

And trying to be fair, I want to add that I am very happy with the Apple and Web side of Xojo. This part I find truly great.