Control sets for web 2.0, any news?

I did say that you got one event handler for all instance.

Never pretended to offer an actual control set. Only a workaround.

There is no way I know of to group them the way a control set would. Sorry.

Ultimately, if the full ledged control set is what you require, then have a LOT of patience :smiley:

IME, control sets don’t work properly on Linux; the paint event doesn’t fire. See:

58734 - linux paint event not firing for control set.

<https://xojo.com/issue/58734>

Although the full version is most wanted… I might have to start using this .NDex tip. Brilliant indeed, but not 100%. But workable. This is mainly a organisation problem…

i.e.
Having and app with a more custom look, i.e. lesser distance to the edges in my text field, is done with a global version of the standard classes.

Then I have to make a subclass for each container where I want to use it. Because the code needs to be focused on that container.

the problem now arise when having:

• a global subclass
  • a new sub from that global subclass for the event code
  • many instances of this new subclass in my container
  • I loose the “more” connected organizational stuff from desktop or web.1.0
  • I can use a folder for each container and have the subclass with code in there; that way it “looks” niceer and more organised.
  • still the code needs to be careful, so it routes to the right “level” of my classes or subclasses.

All of this is gone with a control set that is in desktop version right now, and what was in web.1.0

Once you got hooked, theres now way back :slight_smile:

Runtime embedding of containers within containers within containers works nicely with Web1. Almost as good as custom controls.

1 Like