Confusion between Python and Xojo

No dice. Even with Alberto’s idea the error message is the same. I also tried to set the PYTHONPATH to the exact framework path

PYTHONPATH="/Users/beatrixwillius/Documents/Development/Mail\ Archiver/code\ current/Mail\ Archiver\ X.debug.app/Contents/Library/Helpers/fix_encoding.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6"

But this also doesn’t help.

In regards to copying Python into my app: Urgh… no. The Pypy looks like a different flavor of Python. Do I need the bin directory or everything? This is just too confusing to a newbie.

Head meets desk: the problem looks like a Xojo bug. I was playing around when I noticed that the Python app before copying worked and after copying the app into Xojo it didn’t work anymore. On checking the Finder I saw that the app shrank from 20 MB to 13 MB.

So you do a CopyFile build step and the file shrinks from 20 MB to 13 MB? That’s weird.

Can you change the 13 MB file with the 20 MB file back, and it works? Or did you find any other way to make it work?

Yes, I copied the app first manually and everything worked fine. I’m now using an IDE script with “ditto” to copy the app. I still need to create Feedback issue.

Can’t help with this, but trying writing Xojo code instead of GLSL in Quartz Composer, it doesn’t tell you what’s wrong, just never works!

???

Most of us get affected by age. I’m always glad when it’s not just me :slight_smile: