CommandLine args to linux

I looked a while ago, but thought there was one.

The quotes disappear in both Linux, and Mac OS X when launching the Unix executable inside the bundle by command line.

In Windows, System.CommandLine keeps the quotes.

From a quick look around the Internet, it appears this maybe indeed a system behavior that strips quotes as it puts arguments into an array. At least in Bash.

System.commandLine should not interpret anything, and simply reflect StdIn.

There does not seem to be one.

Since it is apparent from Option Parser performances, the system provides to obtain the command line as it is entered, the bug can be fixed.

But it would have to be given as an array to be useful, same as in a command line app. In the meantime, the code in OptionParser renders this a non-issue for me.

As clever as may be, Option parser is just a workaround.

IMO, Xojo should provide a consistent property across platforms.

Incidentally, my suggestion of using a Console launcher would have been a valid workaround as well, by providing access to the Args() array.

40215 - System.CommandLIne strips quotes and single quote in Mac OS X and Linux
Status: Needs Review Rank: Not Ranked Product: Xojo Category: N/A

Michel Bujardet Today at 10:11 PM

Xojo: Xojo 2015r2.2

Steps: In Windows, System.CommandLine reflects exactly the arguments, as entered after the name of the program in the command line.

For instance
Myapp arg1 ‘multiword arg 2’

In Linux, or in Mac (using the Unix executable) when launching a Desktop program with the same arguments, quotes are stripped, multiword arguments end up indistinguishable from single word arguments as they are separated by spaces.

System.CommandLine should simply reflect StdIn and leave the parsing to the Xojo user.

<https://xojo.com/issue/40215>