Client reports XojoGUIFramework64.dll Error

Unfortunately, I use MBS extensively, and just to build in 2023 r3.1 I’d have to upgrade the MBS and that’s approx upper 200’s, just to build for one guy. (No one else has complained about it yet.) Fortunately the client has a Win10 machine and he might be willing to “endure” that for the time being.

We’ll see.

BTW, MBS is great and wonderful, but as a matter of general principle I don’t pay for upgrades unless I’m actually buying something I want to use that I can’t before, like a new function, ability, or ease of use that is value-equal to what I’m paying. This issue doesn’t really pass muster in this case, all it is is covering Xojo’s tracks in a bug in their compiler, regardless if it is once- or twice- removed. Windows historically has always been upward compatible, so that’s a reasonable expectation. Don’t get me wrong, eventually I’ll upgrade - both Xojo and MBS - but when the value of doing so will be that much greater. Upgrade fees are not charitable giving (“support the company”) in my mind.