cannot connect to Web Application anymore

A code problem is highly unlikely because I’m currently testing with a nearly blank application,
Just on webpage with one label.
I haven’t changed the permissions lately. So it worked fine at first.

Only other thing I can think of is that you’ve got a service running that looks for apps that use too much cpu and kills them, but I wouldn’t expect a segfault.

The application is running for about 2 hours allocating the given port but not answering the requests.
After 2 hours it crashes with the error message “segfault”.
So I guess the segfault is not the main problem. It’s more a result of a previous error.

I wouldn’t say that this problem is not related to the server, it’s just that I can’t reboot the server out of a suspicion.
I have to inform the customer, the customer has to agree to the reboot, I have to open a change request, the change has to pass the change advisory board, then I can restart the server.
This can take weeks.
So I need to get to the course of the problem before I restart the server.

Is there a command switch which I can use to get some more logging besides my own logging?

The only logging you can get is an apache-style http log. It’s available by setting the command line flag:

--logging=<path>

As In:

./MyApplication --port=13010 --logging=./output.log

Thanks Greg… unfortunately it doesn’t log anything.
Is there any other logfile besides the application log, /var/log/messages etc. where I can take a look?

Sure. /bar/log/messages may also give you some info. You may also want to see if you have an audit directory in there with current log files.

That is good to know though… That means that the app isn’t actually getting a chance to process anything.

Just out of curiosity, are you specifying any other command line options when you launch the app?

Also, have you run ps -ef | grep modselfservice ?

I’m beginning to wonder if there is an instance of the app already running that’s not responding which is preventing a second copy from launching.

Almost sounds like you installed Docker or another ethernet card and your apps are binding on the wrong interface.

Hello Phillip, that’s definitely a good hint.
A colleague of mine is currently installing Docker on several servers.
I will look into this.

Thanks a lot.

Now I’ve started the application using the parameter --NetworkInterfaceIndex=1 to choose the network interface.
So the application is listening on the main network adapter.
TCPDump shows me, that the request is coming in but the application is not answering the request.