Bug in ReplaceAll?

ok, thank you.

With the Text type, replaceall is simpler :

dim t as text = name.ToText t = t.ReplaceAll("","ae") name = t msgbox name

776 is the decimal representation of the hexadecimal 308 (as in U+0308 COMBINING DIAERESIS). In Unicode, all combining characters follow the ‘main’ character, meaning that it doesn’t differ for ö, ä, or ë when they are in their decomposed form. Wikipedia has a decent table for combining diacritical marks, or it could be found in the Unicode specification (not for the faint of heart).

Again, if you use Text, you get to ignore all of this :).

yes. already discovered, that the second part of every is the same. &hCC or chr(776).

Now i will try text to find out that all of this long discussion can be managed by this simple convertig to text… which i asked before. Is nobody reading my posts? :wink:

Just kidding. Don’t get me wrong. Thanks to all.

Michael

The converting-to-text-method works fine.

'System.DebugLog("f.Name: " + f.Name)

dim tempAttachmentName As Text = f.Name.ToText

tempAttachmentName = tempAttachmentName.ReplaceAll("", "ae")
      tempAttachmentName = tempAttachmentName.ReplaceAll("", "oe")
      tempAttachmentName = tempAttachmentName.ReplaceAll("", "ue")

'System.DebugLog("tempAttachmentName: " + tempAttachmentName)

attachment = new EmailAttachment
      attachment.LoadFromFile(GetFolderItem(f.NativePath, FolderItem.PathTypeNative))
      attachment.Name = tempAttachmentName

'System.DebugLog("attachment.Name: " + attachment.Name)

So how would you properly normalize if you have to stay with string for backwards compatibility?

Sure I could write a replace function for every composed character (following Michel’s lead), but is there a more elegant way?

[quote=169347:@Markus Winter]So how would you properly normalize if you have to stay with string for backwards compatibility?

Sure I could write a replace function for every composed character (following Michel’s lead), but is there a more elegant way?[/quote]
See my previous mail. It leads to a reference to the OS provided “CFStringNormalize” call.
That is actually the elegant way.

Edit:
And I did forgot: No plugin needed!

Thanks, I read it.

I also read Joe’s reply:

So in other words: what is the proper call to CoreFoundation?

Just change the library name from “Carbon.framework” to “CoreFoundation.framework”.

Thanks Joe.