Black Windows

[quote=79224:@Richard Vivash]I was actually trying to be clever and have increased the size of the titlebar canvas a little, so it’s more like the App Store title bar. Interestingly elements placed on the titlebar canvas are clickable if they are within what would be the normal titlebar area, but anything outside in the extended area is not clickable. So I’ve ended up with an area where elements are clickable and an area where they are not.

[/quote]
You need to resize the contentView to make room… change mycontrol to rectcontrol and at the end of NewTitleBar:

declare sub setFrame lib "Cocoa" selector "setFrame:" (id as ptr, frame as NSRect) dim frame As NSRect frame.w=Width frame.h=self.height-(mycontrol.Height-22) setFrame(cv,frame)

x as single y as single w as single h as single

[quote=79266:@jim mckay]x as single
y as single
w as single
h as single[/quote]
That is the NSRect struct…

Defining the frame area worked perfectly, thanks a lot for your help.

One thing to note, after the app has gone fullscreen and then returned to a normal window you need to reset the frame size again. It seems the frame size is automatically set smaller (or moved down) when you go full screen to take account of the missing title bar, but not resized back again. So you have to handle this yourself.

Other than that all working great!

I’ve used the information in this Thread to build a black colored Window. Now i have 2 main issues. My Xojo ListBox shows white ScrollBars and i can’t find a way to ReColor it and if i go into Fullscreen, the System menu does not show if the MouseCursor is at the top of the Screen. I can leave Fullscreen only with the Escape Key.

Here is an image of the ListBox with white (argh) Scrollbars. :slight_smile:

Based on what I have seen by peeking under the hood of Pixelator… is they have CUSTOM versions of all the controls… as in they made their own black sliders from a “canvas” equivalent

You can use the DTPlugins listbox which uses the native scrollbars (and smooth scrolling with bounce effect etc…).

BTW I still think Xojo should update the listbox. At least the scrollbars should be like OS X 10.7 or higher. Especially because Xojo is now OS X 10.7 or higher only.

I even think there is a feedback request for this in the top 10.

<https://xojo.com/issue/17672>

[quote=81879:@Sascha S]I’ve used the information in this Thread to build a black colored Window. Now i have 2 main issues. My Xojo ListBox shows white ScrollBars and i can’t find a way to ReColor it and if i go into Fullscreen, the System menu does not show if the MouseCursor is at the top of the Screen. I can leave Fullscreen only with the Escape Key.

Here is an image of the ListBox with white (argh) Scrollbars. :slight_smile:
[/quote]
This looks awesome Sascha very professional and artistic! :slight_smile:

Make sure that the “Full-screen Button” is checked in the IDE.

You may want to use a NSScrollView for your list.

Thank you Mike. :slight_smile:
It is available as freeware here .

Sascha your web site is awesome!! Thank you.

[quote=82123:@Sascha S]Thank you Mike. :slight_smile:
It is available as freeware here .[/quote]

Very cool!

[quote=82123:@Sascha S]Thank you Mike. :slight_smile:
It is available as freeware here .[/quote]

How did you handle the scrollbars? Any code example would do. :slight_smile:

I am already investigating it, because i am currently not willing to recreate everything in a new control (but i will look for NSScrollView, Sam. Thank you.).

I made some test with dtListBox but it’s to instable currently. The dev is already looking at the bug i reported. Plus, i am developing this as freeware and i have no other app i make money with, but i have already payed for Xojo, Xojo Web, Xojo Database, MBS, Einhugur, FTPSuite, piDog and a few other. I have no more money left for another suite of PlugIns (but i would love to be able to replace a few controls with dtControls…).

Currently, i have no scrollbars in my app and i hate this situation… :frowning:

[quote=82102:@Sam Rowlands]Make sure that the “Full-screen Button” is checked in the IDE.

You may want to use a NSScrollView for your list.[/quote]

Yes, i will. Thank you.

Ha ok, you just hide the (ugly) scrollbars. :slight_smile:

Yes, a nice example for NSScrollView would be cool. It is also not in the MacOSLib (although there is a NSTableview but drawing custom graphics in the cells is a no go atm).

I have an NSScroller class I was working on. I have it working like a Xojo scroller, but with no white scroller track (just the knob). I was trying to get the light color knob, but can’t get it to work. I did however have it working with a little code in the paint event (no cool fade in/out that way though). Not a perfect solution, but might be a good in between. I can send you a copy if you like.

That would be awesome! :slight_smile:
Thank you.

Could you just send a Dropbox Link in a priv.Message or post it here please?

sure one moment…