Best way to start

What does “INIfile” mean as I can not find it anywhere in the docs.

depends on what you defined it as… you won’t find it in the docs, because it isn’t an Xojo construct…
If you cut/pasted that code from somewhere else, you need to read and understand the context in which it exists.

It was from code Mark shared. That’s what I am attempting to do. Is go through the code and understand how it works.
Thanks.

Just found it. It is a string in a function.

INIfile is the full path to a configuration file that contains info your program might need. I included this code in the sample because I figured you might need to handle a configuration file in your final code.

The error is probably because the file is missing in the folder where the EXE file exists when you are running it in debug mode.

The INI File that I included called MyConfigSettings.ini is assumed to be in the same folder with the EXE file. The CopyFile setting in the Build Settings should copy the sample file to the same place the EXE file. Based on how you set up your folder structure is probably the issue.

For now just comment out the call to the INIfunctions.GetKey in the App.Open event.

Thanks

im new to coding and programming seeking help. Want to use this skill to make side money. any one willing to steer me in the right direction??

Welcome to Xojo!

Now, just a few housekeeping points to keep in mind:

• don’t hijack threads, start your own even if the topic seems the same;
  • don’t double post

In the other thread, @Norman Palardy gave you good advise. Once you study and try things, ask specific questions. This community is among the most helpful around. People here will help. You will get the best answers when you ask clear and well documented questions, where you show what you tried and clearly describe your issue.

Best success.

Automotive repair is a solid side hustle also