AutoComplete Textfield Control Open Source [update v.1.0.2]

https://github.com/IntelligentVisibility/AutoCompleteTextField

Just tried it in Xojo 2015 R2.1

Get a NOE in Sub UserSelected(inRowSelected as Integer) at “Dim leadCommandText as String = messToProcess(0)”

I get a OutOfBounds there. This appears to fix it… a bit above the error is this line

for i as integer = 1 to TotalNumofSegments-1

change it to

for i as integer = 1 to TotalNumofSegments

This was a guess and I can’t really say it’s correct.

TotalNumofSegments is a 1 based count, so if it’s 1 the original code is looping 1 to 0, which doesn’t append anything to messToProcess so messToProcess(0) is OOB.

Thanks Markus and Will! I have alot of clean up to do on this project. I actully have proper working code in my Arista Navigator that I need to re-port back into this open source version. Sorry for the delays as we have had two launches in the last two weeks :slight_smile:

I will sort this project out and get it back in presentable shape over the next few days.

Thanks!!
Mike

[quote=189078:@Mike Cotrone]I will sort this project out and get it back in presentable shape over the next few days.

Thanks!!
Mike[/quote]

What happened?

Its locked up in a prod app. I haven’t had much time for open source lately. Will return when my load lightens up. Feel free to fork it.

To also be honest I only received 20 survey interest responses from my “popular” Calendar and Time Chooser. It is hard for me to dedicate time the interest isn’t there.

Don’t know/understand what this means… “Feel free to fork it”

@Lennox Jacob the source code is on Github (or bitbucket) and you are free to fork the code and make the changes yourself. That is one of the great benefits of open source code.

Thanks Scott.
Lennox

Just Googled it…
What is forking (software fork)? - Definition from WhatIs.com
whatis.techtarget.com › Topics › Application Development › Open source
Forking is to take the source code from an open source software program and develop an entirely new program.

[quote=227032:@Lennox Jacob]Thanks Scott.
Lennox

Just Googled it…
What is forking (software fork)? - Definition from WhatIs.com
whatis.techtarget.com › Topics › Application Development › Open source
Forking is to take the source code from an open source software program and develop an entirely new program.[/quote]
Lennox I use SourceTree and it works very well for managing my GIT repositories.

https://www.sourcetreeapp.com/

Thanks Mike,
I will try it.
Lennox

Mike, I get ‘Page not found’ with this link:

is it no longer available?

[quote=382361:@Alberto De Poo]Mike, I get ‘Page not found’ with this link:

is it no longer available?[/quote]

Sorry - no I ended up abandoning it as I wasn’t needing it nor had the time to iterate on it.

But you didn’t abandon it (which would be quite common in the open-source world where others can take over by forking it), you removed it. Not quite the same thing (and to be honest I don‘t see the rationale behind it) but you‘re free to do with it as you please.

I save almost everything. The code runs fine on Mojave.

I agree with Markus.
In the title you state that it’s “Open Source”.
If you have no longer time to maintain the source, give it to the community so they can maintain it and keep it up to date.

It was a very small, buggy, and non-complete sub project I had. At the time I removed it I had 3 views on it. Normally I do keep all of my open source stuff live, but in the case I figured it wouldn’t matter. Sorry all!

Since it is open source, I re-uploaded it

https://github.com/eurog33k/AutoCompleteTextField

It’s the version 1.0.2 as mentioned above.
Take into account what @Mike Cotrone said above about buggy and non-complete.
If you are interested you can always fork it and work from here