Autocomplete painfully slow on iMac Pro

I have a lot of plugins on both iMac and MacBook Air.

[quote=427569:@scott boss]On my Mac Pro I sometimes in get into a state where the . (autocomplete) doesnt work. I leave that section of code and come back (like go to edit another window and come back to that one as an example) and it starts working again, I have not reported this as I cant reliably reproduce it

thanks for the tip I will try it out the next time Xojo stops working,[/quote]

I’ve had this on random days with my macbook air only. Must be a memory thing as xojo uses alot 3-5 gb (about) with all plugins. Total available memory is 8gb, it has an 128gb ssd

Perhaps it’s something with the memory usage overall, as when i only have xojo opened and active i see a no such problems.

[quote=428559:@Derk Jochems]I’ve had this on random days with my macbook air only. Must be a memory thing as xojo uses alot 3-5 gb (about) with all plugins. Total available memory is 8gb, it has an 128gb ssd

Perhaps it’s something with the memory usage overall, as when i only have xojo opened and active i see a no such problems.[/quote]

I have 24gb RAM and 1TB NVMe drive (which is mostly empty).

I dont run much when running Xojo. and only one copy of Xojo running with only one codebase open.

• SQLiteManager or Valentino Studio or neither. only have one running when doing DB work.
  • shellcraft (terminal prompt) - I manage my Todos/Tasks/Bugs/etc via a cli commands.
  • firefox (chrome uses waaaay to much ram) - who doesnt have a browser open these days?
  • other things from time to time but rarely anything while coding.

[quote=428571:@scott boss]I have 24gb RAM and 1TB NVMe drive (which is mostly empty).

I dont run much when running Xojo. and only one copy of Xojo running with only one codebase open.

• SQLiteManager or Valentino Studio or neither. only have one running when doing DB work.
  • shellcraft (terminal prompt) - I manage my Todos/Tasks/Bugs/etc via a cli commands.
  • firefox (chrome uses waaaay to much ram) - who doesnt have a browser open these days?
  • other things from time to time but rarely anything while coding.[/quote]

Xojo plugins? And how much memory does xojo use?
I know that a mac pro has alot more to use but it seems they are always slower with xojo (as your not the only one).