AppTranslocation with everything signed

Uh, I thought the reasons for being run translocated are pretty clear. It happens to any file that gets downloaded. Only if it’s on a dmg, it won’t get translocated, but zip files will, for instance.

Which means: To reproduce, you need to upload the file to a server and then download it from there.

And the remedy is to let the user move the app to another folder, using the Finder.

So, what apps delivered not in a dmg should do is to check whether it runs translocated, and if that’s the case, tell the user that he needs to move it, e.g. to the Applications folder (of course, some app can run translocated just fine - then ignore this). There is even code around that performs this move for the user, e.g. with AppleScript, after which the app can be unquarantined by that script. I believe I discussed the whole topic here in the Forum before. Beatrix, you know how to contact me :wink:

A simple check for whether your app runs translocated is to test if the path the app runs from is in the private folder, e.g. like this:

App.ExecutablePath.NativePath.InStrB("/private/") = 1