Apps requires permission to access a folder

Make sure all of the nested folders exist thought.

I have the following entries in the Info.plist:
NSDocumentsFolderUsageDescription
NSDesktopFolderUsageDescription
NSNetworkVolumesUsageDescription

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/bundleresources/information_property_list/nsdocumentsfolderusagedescription?language=objc

Thanks everybody for your suggestions

Does this Work… I have had no success

With Sonoma (Xojo 2021r2.1, m1), I do not have the dialog asking me if this is OK.
In fact, I am rejected (cannot read the images)…

What is your experience ?

I’m sorry, I haven’t upgraded to Sonoma yet. I normally wait two or three OSX updating before switching

Sigh… I have a real mess. I have two machines both running Ventura - 13.6 M1. The other one that is an intel Ventura -13.6.1. I am running Halloween software in the debug mode and the M1 machine is happy with looking at the Documents folder as well as accessing the DesktopMovie player. The only nag is looking at a SocketServer. The intel machine gets nag with accessing the Document folder, Accessing the microphone (via the Movie Player??), and the SocketServer. All of this goes away when I build and run them once. I have tried info.plist but I must be doing this incorrectly. Im a retired microwave engineer that spends more time trying to unravel this mystery than developing the code for the kiddies. Should I just live with apple vs the debugger and give it up??

I found out that if you disable SIP everything goes smooth

Do what you will. It’s your computer. But if this app is being distributed, telling your users to disable SIP is Not a Good Thing. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I agree but I’m not distributing my apps (I’m not that good) so no harm done. It’s just a suggestion if someone is in my same situation

OK for testing, perhaps.

Well, “I suggest you turn off SIP” is not a bridge I will cross. :slight_smile:

2 Likes