Apps not running on Windows 7 SP 1

Just out of curiosity, what (if anything) do you have in App.UnhandledException?

Exactly.
But I just recognized that I’m setting the renderer property of the control is set to WebKit and I’m setting it to native by code in the WinMain.Open event (don’t know if I did it like that in the first attempt when it worked).
I guess this is “too late”.
The customer is back from holidays tomorrow so maybe I can try it again this week.

Right. This is an IDE property. It’s compiled in, so attempting to change it at runtime will have no effect.

Any news on App.UnhandledException?

Stefan, do you have App.AutoQuit set to “true”?

Usually I’m writing a log file to the desktop there but in this case the event is not implemented.
But if it was an unhandled exception wouldn’t there be an exception message?

Yes.

[quote=349202:@Stefan Adelsberger]Usually I’m writing a log file to the desktop there but in this case the event is not implemented.
But if it was an unhandled exception wouldn’t there be an exception message?[/quote]
There should be.

On that other note… if AutoQuit is set to true and you open and then close a window, the app will just quit.

[quote=349231:@Greg O’Lone]There should be.

On that other note… if AutoQuit is set to true and you open and then close a window, the app will just quit.[/quote]

Unfortunately there is no exception message.
The app does not quit … the splash screen is still shown and the app is still running but the main window won’t open.

The code in the splash screen looks like:

[code] Dim MainWindow As New WinMain
MainWindow.Show

Self.Close[/code]

And what’s in WinMain.Open?

And is the app using a lot of CPU?

I set a System.DebugLog message into the first line of the event but the event doesn’t get fired.
As far as I can remember there is nearly no CPU usage but I’ll have to check that again to be sure.

I guess setting the renderer IDE property of the HTMLViewer to Native will fix the issue … have to check that when the customer is back from holidays.

Did this ever get solved I have a few windows 7SP1 PC’s that hard crash when
ever a window with and webkit HTML viewer is activated.

[quote=374384:@Jordan Morris]Did this ever get solved I have a few windows 7SP1 PC’s that hard crash when
ever a window with and webkit HTML viewer is activated.[/quote]
Please create a new thread. Stefan’s issue was not a hard crash but a hang so it may be different.

[quote=374384:@Jordan Morris]Did this ever get solved I have a few windows 7SP1 PC’s that hard crash when
ever a window with and webkit HTML viewer is activated.[/quote]

I got the same effect today on a customer’s PC.
Did you already create a new thread?