API 2.0 for iOS

I’ve been harping on this for years… and keep getting private messages telling me to “shut up” :slight_smile:

Don’t worry. I was accused on negativity as well. The few successful Xojo iOS users had to jump through many hoops to make it work.

Now they cannot tolerate criticism of their idol :smiley:

Isaiah 45:5 KJV - I am the LORD, and there is none else

Emile… not only does that not apply here… but is (my opinion) totally inappropriate, as not everyone believes as you seem to.

So what?

So some people find the overt quoting of biblical scriptures in a manner that is not in line with the subject manner to be quite offensive… that is “so what”

This is veering wildly off topic…

Looking forward to seeing what comes next.

I took a year to write an iOS app in Xcode. I rewrote it using Xoxo in three weeks.

The learning curve made a difference.

You probably used a lot of what you learned in XCode to create your app in Xojo.

All the analysis of the logic, as well as the design of the UI.

I found porting an app from desktop to mobile requires a lot of work to make it feel easy and natural.

We all know that API 2.0 only purpose is to fix what iOS broke, and some of us did felt disappointed at iOS cloning the iOS API verbatim and all the other JAVAissm introduced with the “new framework”!

I imagine that reworking the IOS framework is a big endeavor, but not fixing it could kill what Xojo is meant to be.

Nevertheless Im still hoping for some short-term fixes. I often think of why not transpile an API 2.0 flavor to the current iOS framework.

Maybe we out of do it…